·
I'm a she-male.
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been told these are the common routes people take:

- Richmond River Rd
- UBC/Spanish Banks
- Squamish/Whistler

What other routes do you take for a leisurely ride?

R

·
0 Posts
marine drive into new west - back to vancouver via trans can and then grandview hwy

highway 99 all the way down and then loop around back to vancouver

stanley park run (highly recommend although it is short)

iona beach run

·
Registered
42 Posts
Mount Seymour

From north end of Second Narrow Bridge, right on Mt Seymour Parkway and then left on Mt Seymour Rd up to the parking lot.

Come on back down and turn left back onto Mt Seymour Parkway and then right onto Dollarton Hwy. That will take you right back to the Second Narrow Bridge -- 41.5 KM (1 hour drive time at the posted speed -- like yeah!)

Took it early last Saturday morning. Roads good and dry all the way up, but a little chilly still in the early morn. Watch for the peddlers and mini-vans.

·
Learning the hard way.
1,334 Posts
Ratzilla said:
marine drive into new west - back to vancouver via trans can and then grandview hwy
Careful around Marine drive. Cops GALORE! Lots of ghost cars and speed traps. The only 2 tickets I've ever gotten are from Marine drive (in a car both times) and I was just flowing with traffic both times. I know it's hard to keep to the speed limit when the road's 6 lanes wide, but just keep your eyes peeled.:devillook

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Paved ones!
Obviously, people here will give local, "close to home" routes but may I suggest the Hope-Princeton/Highway #3. Good weather ride only, careful for radar/cops through Manning ~ but worth it.

·
I'm a she-male.
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes well, i haven't even gone over any bridges yet, so today i just cruised all around richmond. I don't speed on my bike. And a leisurely ride is about 1hr. After that, i can't stand my bike. Even my friend who sold me the bike told me that after half hour to 1 hour he doesn't like to ride it.

It was a really nice day today for a ride.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
integra298 said:
Yes well, i haven't even gone over any bridges yet, so today i just cruised all around richmond. I don't speed on my bike. And a leisurely ride is about 1hr. After that, i can't stand my bike. Even my friend who sold me the bike told me that after half hour to 1 hour he doesn't like to ride it.

At least you know your limits ...
Good on ya'!

·
Formerly FURY
2,731 Posts
You need to force yourself to ride longer (get out of the city), or get a more comfy bike.:laughing

R

·
0 Posts
skroonk said:
Careful around Marine drive. Cops GALORE! Lots of ghost cars and speed traps. The only 2 tickets I've ever gotten are from Marine drive (in a car both times) and I was just flowing with traffic both times. I know it's hard to keep to the speed limit when the road's 6 lanes wide, but just keep your eyes peeled.:devillook
marine in vancouver? or where it meets new west?

integra298 said:

it becomes uncomfortable after 1 hour? o_O, my buddies and i go out for 4-5 hour rides around GVRD and it's so much fun!

·
Learning the hard way.
1,334 Posts
Ratzilla said:
Vancouver by Victoria and Knight

·
I'm a she-male.
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yah im a gay a$$ cage driving whiner sissy. d:

Anyway it's just my first bike for practicing. if i ever do continue i'll probably get somethin else. (=

Ratzilla said:

it becomes uncomfortable after 1 hour? o_O, my buddies and i go out for 4-5 hour rides around GVRD and it's so much fun!

·
Mmm...beer
2,144 Posts
I like the Marine Drive ride from about 21st out to Horseshoe Bay or Whitecliff park.

M

·
0 Posts
it becomes uncomfortable after 1 hour?//?????

dude u re not made for riding then---sell the bike and buy yourself a bicycle.

·
Mmm...beer
2,144 Posts
integra298 said:

How is it THAT uncomfortable? I rode around for 3 hours on a 250cc enduro bike from PRS for our bike school, and I was fine. As for my gixxer, I am good for about the same, after that my wrists and butt start to get sore. But man, wanting to get off after 30-60 mins, hell....most of us are just getting warmed up! :laughing

·
retired panda racer...~_~
740 Posts
Stewy said:
I like the Marine Drive ride from about 21st out to Horseshoe Bay or Whitecliff park.
for a leisurely ride, this is great.... but remember that Marine Drive in West Vancouver, not the Marine Drive in Vancouver... hehe :p

·
Registered
401 Posts
Fury said:
You need to force yourself to ride longer (get out of the city), or get a more comfy bike.:laughing
I can give you one of our day ride routes...Kamloops to Merrit, Princeton, Penticton, Oliver, Osoyoos, Rock Creek, Kelowna, Vernon and back to Kamloops. Just incase you want a nice Sunday cruise.

·
Gear Driven Cams
4,411 Posts
The website listed in the first reply to your post has the best grouping of them, complete with maps. I'd start there.

Most notably, the ride up to/around Stave Lake and the ride due south of it from Mission back to the Albion ferry (on the south side of the river) are both excellent.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts