BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
hahaha,... well thats 11,000 i would shot myself for, If i spent that. Go get like a 2005 cbr for the same price, off the showroom.. MAN.. 800km + 8 years old = ancient piece of artifact.

·
Twist Master
1,142 Posts
OUT to LUNCH!!!!!!

CR CYCLE in MAPLE RIDGE is Selling A BRAND new 2005 GXSR 1000 for
$12600.00 that's $1,600 more:devillook
That SHOP is REALLY out to LUNCH:rtfm

·
rain? whats that!
5,834 Posts
Those older viffers are well liked by the enthusiasts and the purists. The new ones have too much technogeekdom with not much improvement (except maybe ABS).

Thats a bike I would consider, gotta love those gear driven cams ..........although probably for 8k instead of 11k :rolleyes

·
Twin A
8,019 Posts
Gear driven cams are sweeet.. had them on my vf1000r

·
Three hour tour guide
8,750 Posts
I had a '96 VFR and yup yup the gear driven cams are sweet.. lovely sound.

The DL has partially gear driven cams as well and sounds almost as nice, not quite as loud though.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
dunno... price seems about right to me.. no kms and it comes with hard bags... it'll prolly sell for around $10K ... what's a new VFR with hard bags worth? Gotta be upwards of 14-15K before tax? (just guessing)

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Every shop has a bike like this once in awhile. The pricing is hard to pin point, and you have to start somewhere. I'm sure a reasonable offer would be looked at.

·
Fastronaut
6,508 Posts
5thgear said:
You can always come down in price , going up is alot harder
Yeah but if you build a rep for going up folks should learn to just pay up without whining!

·
builder of bikes
4,802 Posts
Me last year.

2005 gixxer. Trading in my 2003. RMS was $100 a MONTH cheaper than SV. and I had bought a bike from both before so I was a repeat customer to both.

I will only be a repeat customer to RMS now. Two friends of mine bought from RMS witihn 2 weeks. RMS has pros and cons for many, but they know how to sell bikes.

Whatever SV is smoking I want to grow it and sell it to buy more bikes.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
I dunno... RMS smokes some funny stuff sometimes too. I was looking two years back, they had a 1988 CBR 600 in kinda rough (cosmetic) shape for $4200. I would call that "optimistic".

But I agree with Bill... price it a bit higher so you have somewhere to come down to. How many people pay asking price?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts