BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Municipal Election Helper....What do your Vancouver and Richmond Council candidates think about motorcycles and parking? Find out right here. http://mcparking.ca/Get_Involved.html Our list is updated daily, right up til election day November 15. Don't forget to get out and VOTE!

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Ah, the promises of a politician at election time.

No offence to you Ian, or all the hard work you do on our behalf, but all this tells me is who has the guts to say No to a special interest group.

·
Registered
6,199 Posts
It seems to me that in Vancouver City [thank the heavens above I don't have to pay property taxes to Mayor Moonbeam] it has EVERYTHING to do with your fuel of choice. A 3600 pound electric car gets a free ride [and free parking] anywhere in town, but a 110 pound scooter running gasoline is the bogy man from hell. It really is a fucked up stance. As long as you have kale munching, enviro-terrorists voting those nutbars in, nothing will change.

·
Registered
18,866 Posts
Could care less... (1) about Vancouver politics and (2) about motorcycle parking. I have only paid to park a motorcycle once in 20 something years.

·
Registered
8,766 Posts
Could care less... (1) about Vancouver politics and (2) about motorcycle parking. I have only paid to park a motorcycle once in 20 something years.
ohhh good, so i'm not alone in this... funny thing is i've been tossing a leg over my R1 for years and never once thought to myself, ohhh shite where am i gonna park it? whats it gonna cost !! damnit!!

ohh yeah wait.. there was this one time, like eons ago where i went to this place called downtown... that was a real bitch; i avoid the place like the plague! mayor moonbeam and all :thumbup

·
Registered
8,227 Posts
It seems to me that in Vancouver City [thank the heavens above I don't have to pay property taxes to Mayor Moonbeam] it has EVERYTHING to do with your fuel of choice. A 3600 pound electric car gets a free ride [and free parking] anywhere in town, but a 110 pound scooter running gasoline is the bogy man from hell. It really is a fucked up stance. As long as you have kale munching, enviro-terrorists voting those nutbars in, nothing will change.
Exactly. If anyone thinks for a second that any municipal politician gives one whiff of interest towards those who ride ....... give your head a shake. This is BC, and worse than that, the vaunted Lower Mainland. Even once they boot Mayor Moonbeam and his cronies out, the next group won't be running things much differently.

Unless you are on a bicycle, driving an EV or paying your fare on SkyTrain you have no place or say in determining what is going on with any municipal transportation plan.

BTW, I put kale in my breakfast smoothies each day .......

·
Registered
6,199 Posts
Exactly. If anyone thinks for a second that any municipal politician gives one whiff of interest towards those who ride ....... give your head a shake. This is BC, and worse than that, the vaunted Lower Mainland. Even once they boot Mayor Moonbeam and his cronies out, the next group won't be running things much differently.

Unless you are on a bicycle, driving an EV or paying your fare on SkyTrain you have no place or say in determining what is going on with any municipal transportation plan.

BTW, I put kale in my breakfast smoothies each day .......

You are correct of course. The tax payers who pay the most into our transit system, gasoline vehicle users, have the least input.

BTW, spinach is WAY more nutritious for you than kale. Plus, spinach doesn't cost $24/pound, nor does it taste like fermented wood.

·
I like traffic cones :S
15,773 Posts
Goes something like this:

You: motorcycle parking?
Them: condo development it is.
You: m o t o r c y c l e parking
Them: c o n d o
You: m.... o.....
Them: c... o...

·
15,773 Posts
Bonus points to those who kmow the source.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
It may happen and it may not, but a questionnaire that only requires the candidate to check all the "Yes" boxes to get approval is of limited value. Better is an open-ended question, like "where do you see motorcycles in your overall transportation plan" which would provide a much better idea of the candidates' position, although you would also get far fewer responses.

A list of the candidates that are regular motorcyclist would be helpful, if someone could create such a list.

For those trashing "mayor moonbeam", perhaps note that the NPA's platforms also places the car at the bottom of the priority list.

I used to park downtown all the time, for free, dozens (hundreds?) of bikes would. But there was always the risk, the city would randomly get the trailers out and pick up every bike. I prefer the current system, I may have to pay a staggering amount (usually around $0.60) but I can rest assured that I am legally parked and won't get towed.

·
15,773 Posts
Parking and cars isnt the only reason people dont like moonbeam. it is probably on the bottom of the list.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
He's taken a fair amount of heat for his prioritizing of cycling over cars.

Point being, you can't always expect radical change on every issue with new government.

·
Registered
19 Posts
2-wheel parking news

It doesn't matter if you think council candidates are mental deficients or not, just DON'T VOTE for candidates who hate motorcycles! Nobody cares if they're total retards. It only matters if they'll vote for motorcycles. The list of candidates who hate motorcycles is on www.mcparking.ca and you can print it and take it to the voting place. Some candidates actually love motorcycles (they're ON THE LIST!) Nobody wants to hear if you think the candidates are a bunch of dîcks or if they eat kale for breakfast, just vote for the ones who like 2-wheels and get on with the rest of your life.

·
Registered
18,866 Posts
It doesn't matter if you think council candidates are mental deficients or not, just DON'T VOTE for candidates who hate motorcycles! Nobody cares. The list of candidates who hate motorcycles is on www.mcparking.ca and you can print it and take it to the voting place. Some candidates actually love motorcycles (they're ON THE LIST!) Nobody wants to hear if you think the candidates are a bunch of dîcks, just vote for the ones who like 2-wheels and get on with the rest of your life.
I think you are better off voting for candidates on their larger contribution than worrying about what they think of motorcycles and parking.

This is nothing more than a commercial post for this mc parking initiative, and I'm reporting it so it's removed. Keep your political stuff off our forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
"commercial post"

This is nothing more than a commercial post for this mc parking initiative, and I'm reporting it so it's removed. Keep your political stuff off our forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Haha! Don't get your shorts in a knot over this! mcparking.ca isn't "commercial" (it's an information/news site on motorcycle topics), and it's not "political" since it's not advocating a particular candidate. It's simply "MC" parking news.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts