BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
8,703 Posts
^^

you think thats bad? have you seen all the BS going on around the new BMW S1000RR?

there are countless posts online now from folks who have all just figured out they have been lied to!

2020 s1000rr fuel tank capacity - its bloody tiny.
According to bmw's website our fuel tank capacity is 4.4 gal. I have consistently been filling my bike from empty only with 3.3 gal.

yes apparently everybody walked in thinking they were getting a decent enough 16.5 Liters of fuel
and yet, they are all consistently filling up from empty to the tune of 12.5 Liters..

that wont even get you out to Hope, much less Princeton via Manning Park :D

copy / pasted:

The dealership drained the tank and ran the bike until it shut off. They confirmed themselves that the tank capacity is 3.3 gal.

some folks are thinking BMW just forgot to update the website.. uhmmm.. if the new CORVETTE shows up with a 12 liter tank Chevy would get sued!! :laughing

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
^^

you think thats bad? have you seen all the BS going on around the new BMW S1000RR?

there are countless posts online now from folks who have all just figured out they have been lied to!
The North American owners are going to be more disappointed with their new bike putting down 165 WHP in every gear other than 6th.

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
^^^ whoa, Scotty... references?

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
I've yet to see one anywhere. I'd be surprised if they are sales success. The original Katana as a styling exercise, was considered polarizing for sure. A modern accent on a polarizing design, I see sales failure happening very easily.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I've yet to see one anywhere. I'd be surprised if they are sales success. The original Katana as a styling exercise, was considered polarizing for sure. A modern accent on a polarizing design, I see sales failure happening very easily.
I dont know if things have changed, but it was launched as a 2020 Model, with delivery not being expected until this fall.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts