1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Track Day Wh0re
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
97 GMC Sierra, white with 18" chromes, v6 vortec, 5spd
$9500

I'm gonna check it out this saturday...
I've never owned a truck before nor know alot about market value. But through some preliminary research this seems like a good deal.

What do you think?

D

·
0 Posts
Yeah that does seem like a very "good deal" Definatly give it a good look over. The 4.3l V6 is a very reliable engine, (of course that changes if it has been neglected or not maintained) and the manual transmission is fairly decent too..

·
Track Day Wh0re
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks dknite, i would most likely get BCAA to inspect it before i pull the trigger.

It's got 115k kms

B

·
0 Posts
sweet, but i'd get it checked out too. I'm also in the market for a pick up.

·
California dreamin'
2,440 Posts
Remember, that a V6/5 speed combination is as basic as it gets. You should factor that is when you make your offer (e.g., it should lower the price by $600 - $1000 over one with a V8 and an automatic transmission). My brother-in-law had a beautiful GMC p/u, extra cab, lowered, mags, etc., but it had a V6 (with an automatic) and he couldn't give it away. He ended up taking a bit of a bath when he sold it.

S

·
0 Posts
Check:

www.buysell.com

and

www.canadatrader.ca

and take a look at the weekly "trader" classified ads that you can get from any convenient store.

If you look through all of those for your vehicle, you'll get a good idea on how good this deal this is...

·
Wear proper gear pls ;)
1,822 Posts
Dude, I just bought a truck for my first time last December, and believe me, I was extra glad I bought one with an extended cab. Thats the extra room behind the two front seats. Believe me, think you won't need it? You will. You'll wish you had it if you don't get one with that. Something to keep in mind.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts