G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I"m checking out Buysell.com and I came across these 3:
1. '93 Honda F2 Race bike $3500 obo
2. '99 zx7R "no papers, no plastic, not a write-off, theft or rebuilt"
$2250!!!!!
3. '88 600 Ninja $1950 obo

Not much more details for each. I'm liking the '93 F2 and am very curious about the zx7R, but am assuming it's not running and that the "no plastic" means no credit card or no fairings???
This would just be a possible race-only bike for me as well as a project bike. What do you think?
COuld I possibly race an '88 Ninja???

I just wanna get on the track!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Damn that stupid "money" concept.....

·
Premium Member
11,196 Posts
If you really must then I'd say the F2. The 750 would be a lot of work to prep and expensive to get the plastic and everyone I've talked to recomends a smaller engine for your first track time. Less power let's you concentrate on riding rather than survival............. and they weren't being flip about that last part.........

Forget the 88. It'll be harder to find parts at this point and the tires have changed a lot and the suspension tech won't be as good.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i owuld go with either 1 or 2.

i have an f2 myself and can imagine it on the track... and a ZX7... that would be sweet too.... hard choice. id lean more towards the F2 myself out of my 2 choices.

·
Premium Member
11,196 Posts
CBR600F2 said:
i owuld go with either 1 or 2.

i have an f2 myself and can imagine it on the track... and a ZX7... that would be sweet too.... hard choice. id lean more towards the F2 myself out of my 2 choices.
BIASED OPINION :D :flip

I've heard and read so many good things about the F2 as a track bike that when I heard about mine I couldn't believe that I'd got that lucky until it had been in my garage for at least a week.

The FZR 600 was my other choice but I kept reading little hints that it was a little fragile in the valves and the frame could give you a few scares at times. But the biggie was the dated tire sizes.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good point about the tires and outdated general tech. I didn't think 7x7R parts were expensive, but i was thinking to get sharkskins. But at that price ($2295??!?!) i wonder what's wrong with it? I'll call to inquire. The HOnda is kind of out of my price range but now I know to look for F2's and 3's
Thanks .

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Guy's I bid on insurance jobs....and there is a fzr 600 in kelowna right now......perfect tracker!
If your interested in it ,mail me and we can put a bid together?
it shouldn't be more than a grand or so?

·
Premium Member
11,196 Posts
PH-Q2 said:
Guy's I bid on insurance jobs....and there is a fzr 600 in kelowna right now......perfect tracker!
If your interested in it ,mail me and we can put a bid together?
it shouldn't be more than a grand or so?
Good deal. For you folks thinking about track toys this kind of price would be worth tolerating the now non standard tire sizes.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BMatthews said:

Good deal. For you folks thinking about track toys this kind of price would be worth tolerating the now non standard tire sizes.
Would it be an issue trying to get those "non standard tire sizes"?
And how much of a "Biggie" are they?, like as small as my 250 NInja tires?

·
Premium Member
11,196 Posts
Bluestone said:

Would it be an issue trying to get those "non standard tire sizes"?
And how much of a "Biggie" are they?, like as small as my 250 NInja tires?
Nah nothing like that. But from what I remember the early FZR's didn't use radial tires. But this might be a good thing as the bias ply tires will be cheaper. But if it's a later model then I believe they switched to the radial but in the smaller sizes and something other than the now standard 17 inch. Try a couple of searches. There's a ton of fzr sites out there and the info should be easy to come by. From what I saw the fzr was the second best track bike for that era.

·
moving pylon
1,428 Posts
for that price on track bikes, why not get one of those 250 2strokes from atlas?
those bikes are pretty cheap too but i know it's gonna be a pain in the ass getting replacements parts and stuff.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts