BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Just Another Enthusiast
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As we are all getting to the point of insuring our bikes (for those of us not riding already) I am wondering what I should get to store away under my seat.

The stock tool set, and raingear seem obvious, but what else should I have?

·
Resident Banana
2,694 Posts
I carry a map book, kickstand puck, disc lock, and tool kit. I used to carry my digi-cam, but I sold it and am now waiting for my Digi-vid. Don't forget the pen and paper.....ya never know.

If ya need a kickstand puck, let me know. I can make them here at the shop. 12 Ga. Galv'd material 3 1/2" x 3 1/2" with a 1/2' lip all around.

atom

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
The smallest size MagLite. Gives plenty of light and takes up no space. I don't carry a disc lock anymore because the downside of riding away with the thing on far outweighs the remote possibility of somebody stealing it with the steering locked anyway.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
atomlowe said:
I carry a map book, kickstand puck, disc lock, and tool kit. I used to carry my digi-cam, but I sold it and am now waiting for my Digi-vid. Don't forget the pen and paper.....ya never know.

If ya need a kickstand puck, let me know. I can make them here at the shop. 12 Ga. Galv'd material 3 1/2" x 3 1/2" with a 1/2' lip all around.

atom
I'd like to order one kickstand puck please. :D

·
Resident Banana
2,694 Posts
I'll see if I can make a bunch in time for the dinner.

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
tire pressure gauge is a must, especially if going on long day trips.... they take up next to no room. Like someone mentioned about, a small maglite flashlight is a good idea in case you break down at night.

·
resident monkey boy
806 Posts
man are you guys driving station wagons or sumthin!!! i can barely get my cellphone and a candy bar in there:eek

·
Just Another Enthusiast
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK, a lot of these are good ideas. I think I will add the map book, maglite, disc lock, pen and paper, stand puck (by atomlowe) and a tire gauge.

I have heard about air cartridges or something like that? For emergency tire pumping? I have no idea what these are, but a few Americans I chat with swear by them.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
vrecksler said:
OK, a lot of these are good ideas. I think I will add the map book, maglite, disc lock, pen and paper, stand puck (by atomlowe) and a tire gauge.

I have heard about air cartridges or something like that? For emergency tire pumping? I have no idea what these are, but a few Americans I chat with swear by them.
If you read on the can, they're not supposed to be used on a bike. I don't know why, but they all say that.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I carry a toolkit, tire pressure gauge, maglight, and a screw driver with a buch of interchangeable bits, and one thing that nobody mentioned, a bike cargo net. Can come in handy sometimes. Most I have ever fit in was all of the above plus a cell phone, sony discman, coke, t-shirt, and a set of headphones. The key is organizational skills. you would be amazed at what you can fit in a 6R's trunk. one of my friends fit a 12 pack of bear in his 929RR. Those things have huge trunks.:D

·
Resident Banana
2,694 Posts
The trunk on the zook is fairly large. I guess I liked out...:D .

atom

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
I remember when I almost bought a '98 900RR and the trunk was a selling feature for me. It was frickin' huge... I could have picked up groceries with that bad boy..

·
Resident Banana
2,694 Posts
Using a cargo net, I strapped two cases of beer and actually got it home:eek . Should have seen the look on some peoples faces.

atom

·
Just Another Enthusiast
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes, my 929 does have a fairly spacious interior, close to 1 cubic foot of space! :)

Even with the PCIII, the registration papers and owners manual, I should be able to fit everything mentioned in this thread--except the beer. That would have to be put in my backpack. ;)

·
Registered
417 Posts
Cargo net, pressure gage, tool kit, pen, full rain gear (rolled up) and small towel (ride in the rain a lot).

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
I'm a IT guy, and occasionally need to go out and visit some of our sites. Well, last summer it was common for me to have a small desktop computer or a keyboard strapped to the backseat with the cargo net..

I think the keyboard looked funniest though.. still in that long brown box sideways.. sorta made the bike have a rudder.. looked like a jet! :laughing

B

·
0 Posts
I'd like a puck, please.
I keep:
tire guage, shammy cloth, flashlight, tool kit, insurance, manual, and I'm thinking of getting one of those air cartrdges. I've seen them at BK (yesterday, actually) and i think it was actually made for bikes. I usually have my tank bag with me and so I keep lock, and rain gear in there. Maybe i will try to fit that all into my new bike too. A map and a pen would be a good idea but i don't have those yet.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
If they've got tire inflator cartridges for bikes now, I'm all over it. Do you remember how much it was? Maybe we could go in on a group buy and get Trevor to drop the 200% mark-up.:D

P.S. I'm kidding, Farhad....Please don't kill me.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts