BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Just Another Enthusiast
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I think I may be in on a little GP for those, depending on $$. How much are they at BK?

G

·
Sorry, I can't remember the price right now. I'll call, but I won't be able to do so until Tuesday 'cause i work during their open hours. Can someone else call Trevor sooner? If not, i'll do it on Tuesday. I'd be in for a group buy too.

·
Resident Banana
2,694 Posts
Does one cartridge fill one tire? If so, I'd like to get in on this GP.

atom

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Called BK today, spoke to Ron about the tire inflator cartridges, they don't carry anything of the sort. Talked to Ron and he said that he you get a flat while on the road the best thing to do is to pull over and call someone. As if oyu use any of the kits, the gel type, you will have to replace the tire and the cartridges, you will need a few of them to inflate it and that too won't keep it properly inflated as "the bead" would most likely have come off by then.....

Ron went on to say that it happens so rarely that you really shouldn't worry about it, he mentioned that even cruisers/tourers don't have anything good for a puncture....

I do remember though that when I got my blue ZX6R I had developed a slow puncture andgot it fixed at the shop with a rubber/sillicone stub, basically as it heats it becomes rubber kinda thing, that is the best....was at nearly 15k and still had no problem with that tire....

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Human said:
Called BK today, spoke to Ron about the tire inflator cartridges, they don't carry anything of the sort. Talked to Ron and he said that he you get a flat while on the road the best thing to do is to pull over and call someone. As if oyu use any of the kits, the gel type, you will have to replace the tire and the cartridges, you will need a few of them to inflate it and that too won't keep it properly inflated as "the bead" would most likely have come off by then.....

Ron went on to say that it happens so rarely that you really shouldn't worry about it, he mentioned that even cruisers/tourers don't have anything good for a puncture....

I do remember though that when I got my blue ZX6R I had developed a slow puncture andgot it fixed at the shop with a rubber/sillicone stub, basically as it heats it becomes rubber kinda thing, that is the best....was at nearly 15k and still had no problem with that tire....
Maybe that was what caused the fire.:eek

G

·
Human said:
Called BK today, spoke to Ron about the tire inflator cartridges, they don't carry anything of the sort.
Uh.....Doh! What was that stupid thing I saw? Maybe it was a digital tire guage or something and i jumped the gun a bit. But I could have sworn i read the label......:imwithstu

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Human said:

umm....my bike did not cause the fire, my dad's Ford did.....
Did your Dad's Ford have a recently bunged tire too?:confused

Death to all Fords:2guns

·
Just Another Enthusiast
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Honda takes care of their riders, providing us with enough space to hold several BOXES of condoms! :) Granted, I have not tested the limits of my trunks condom capacity (I am in a bit of a dry spell :() but it does hold a lot.

·
Resident Banana
2,694 Posts
Take your pick:

First On Race Day

or

Found On Road Dead

:D

atom

·
resident monkey boy
806 Posts
Fords are hilarious, my cause got a mustang and on the first day he had it the tranny f**ked up and he had to drive home in reverse... if only Delta police say that one:laughing

21 - 40 of 57 Posts