BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
bcsportbike goon
596 Posts
Pullin up a old thread...

My bro's '94 RF600 was a great bike. It had a glove compartment in the front, which was PERFECT for wallet/cell/etc etc.. and the trunk was huge!

G

·
atomlowe said:
Take your pick:

First On Race Day

or

Found On Road Dead
or, FORD = Fix Or Repair Daily :)

As for bike flats, I've had a ton. That's why I have BCAA...they just tow me home. For the remote spots where cell phone doesn't work I have a tiny plug kit from Canadian tire and a small bicycle pump in the trunk. Used it once and it saved my bacon.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
bl1tz said:
how bout a baton?:D
Good one! all I have is a shovel....and a bag of lime! lol

·
Back to the OG
228 Posts
Eh yo, aside from the goodies mentioned, and some morphine for the occassional spillage, i decided to start bringing some of those auto parts store tire plugs with me for long trips. the CO2 idea is a good one too, but i dont think they build enough presure to get beyond adequate inflation.... the tire plugs do work as they self vulcanize to the rubber. Of course it's not license to ride as normal, but it'll get you out of the sticks (not just surrey) when you catch a nail. I rode on one for about a week of easy riding before a new tire arrived.. just check the airpressure before every ride.:happysq

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Trunk?????All I`ve got under my seat is exhaust pipes.
If I had a trunk I`d put a homing device in it so that if my bike ever got scooped I could track the Mofo down. :gun :gun :gun

·
Registered
806 Posts
A disposable camera,So when some asshole runs you over, you or your buddy can take pictures of the accident scene so the mofo is hung out to dry.:D

·
or in french,le steekmon!
1,050 Posts
I learned(when Squirly went down at Baker)that I should have some sort of a first-aid kit!!I bought some stuff up at the store there and now keep it in the trunk!!

·
565 Posts
*** I also keep windex and some paper towels under my seat.

For a spray bottle that is really tiny - get a bottle of travel-size hair spray and (when empty) wash it out thoroughly and just add windex etc.

I keep paper towels folded into quarters and in a zip-lock baggie at the bottom of the "trunk". The cushioning effect of the half-dozen or so paper towels also stop the rattling of hard items, like disc lock and tire gauge when I go over bumps.

*** I keep my "Emergency Contact Infromation" in another baggie under the seat too.

*** OH, and I keep coins in a plastic film container. This is handy for parking meters or making change for gas, lunch etc. I try to keep mostly only quarters, loonies and toonies.

·
moving pylon
1,428 Posts
Re: what's a kickstand puck?

lowprofile said:
Hate to sound stoopid, but sounds interesting...

it's a lil metal thing that you put under the kickstand so it doesn't dig into the ground

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
My conundrum is downsizing (luggage wise) from an ST1100 with hard bags to the Busa.....
now I just have room for rainpants, rain gloves, stock toolkit and the bikes insurance papers
I did sneak in a tire plug kit too
My riding jacket is another story...I think all the pockets are full of something.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
"it's a lil metal thing that you put under the kickstand so it doesn't dig into the ground"

Known to many people as "the piece of plywood", "the stick", or sometimes (while above the treeline) as "the rock."

·
Tool Guy
532 Posts
don't forget the condoms those are crucial. Maybe some y2kyjelly. Maybe some whips and chains if you have room.

·
Rageaholic
8,367 Posts
Sandworm said:
"it's a lil metal thing that you put under the kickstand so it doesn't dig into the ground"

Known to many people as "the piece of plywood", "the stick", or sometimes (while above the treeline) as "the rock."
For me it has been 'the plywood' and 'the rock' and my favorite was 'the squashed starbucks cup'

41 - 57 of 57 Posts