BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering, what you guys think…Is it better to have your rim painted or polished…?

·
Registered
622 Posts
Painted is better. Polishing and repolishing is a bitch. They are lighter though...

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Painted is better. Polishing and repolishing is a bitch. They are lighter though...
funny, that's what I've been getting from around...most people would get their rim painted rather than polished....hmmm

·
Registered Abuser
1,017 Posts
Paint. You'd have to clean your polished wheels after each ride. Paint looks better anyway.

·
Gear Driven Cams
4,411 Posts
If you're taking them off and having them done anyway, spend the extra and have them powdercoated. The coating will be more durable.

·
DPT Downtown Poser Team
1,148 Posts
I had mine powdercoated at Rainbow Powder Coating. Damn great service, awesome job done and freaken unbelievable reasonable price! cheaper than painting, too! PM me if you want to know more detail and pictures of my rims

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey you guys (spike and bluepill) quit hijacking my thread!

·
The Philosopher King
1,345 Posts
i actually rust mine becuase then they can't get any worse so i don't have to worry about them...until they fall apart, hopefully not while riding

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So far it seems most people like to have their rim's painted...some waxed, and very few polished...hmmm, interesting. I dunno, I gotta decide soon on what I'm gonna do. My wife said she'd help me polish and/or wax mine, but didn't know about the painting thing...

·
Addicted to two wheels
2,615 Posts
I'm surprised Jayson (Lowlife) hasn't posted on this one. He hand polished his rims for ....get this.... 80 hours! They look like mirrors. Would he do it again? Maybe with a gun to his head.

·
Ya, whatever.
669 Posts
I'm surprised Jayson (Lowlife) hasn't posted on this one. He hand polished his rims for ....get this.... 80 hours! They look like mirrors. Would he do it again? Maybe with a gun to his head.
Was he polishing while his cousin did the sweet custom paint job? that looked like an 80 hr job.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts