BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

121 - 136 of 136 Posts

·
Fastronaut
6,508 Posts
Seen pics of another VFR1200 on the road now. Not sure if it was one the bikes in the thread already or another new one.

·
Fastronaut
6,508 Posts
Right?

4 of the same from almost 10yrs ago.....finally avail at a price that makes sense, haha. *
Still, rare 10 years ago. Now have 4 red ones here. One more and it's the official bike of BCSB.

·
Fastronaut
6,508 Posts
Did they even sell them in any other colour? Seems those are the only ones I ever see.
They did Red, Blue, & Grey. Grey looks best but I've only seen Grey or Blue for sale way out East. Seems like BC got just the Red.

·
Registered
8,227 Posts
I’ve seen some white and black ones in Aus and Europe, dead sexy!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Back to the original question.
ZX 14, Corbin seat with back rest for your passenger, the wife is 6' tall had has no problems, Givi hard luggage, only weakness is if you want to ride hard on sticky rubber it will eat rear tires very quickly.
Put on some Michelin Roads and enjoy.
I agree with Reckless. I have the ZX14 and the Connie 14. My wife ( only 5'10" tho) is happy on both ( except in bad weather and then the Concours wins out). The Zx14 is fitted with Corbin seat, handle bar riser, hard side and top bags ( aka back rest), GPS and Yoshimura Titanium slip on exhaust. I have ridden this bike as far south as the Mexican border, super reliable ( except for tires) and with 200hp on tap, the engine is never stressed. 60,000 care free kms on the bike and it is still as strong as ever!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey all, brand new on here from Victoria BC :). 45 with a 2008 zx14, I’m a sport tourer not a racer. *I’ve had this for 2 years now and absolutely love the bike, but have definitely been having the challenge of my gf not being comfortable for very long on the back, to the point where i tested *vtx1300 today just to see how we liked riding a cruiser instead. *Personally my butt hurt after 30 mins, but she was much more comfortable. *My zx still has the stock seat and I’m in the middle of the toss up between doing some upgrades to the seat/bars to make it better or just swapping out altogether to a big cruiser. *Anyone had any experience with using a Connie seat on the zx? *

·
Premium Member
9,052 Posts
Welcome AVaang.........there are a few '14 owners here. I'm sure they can chime in on mods to your '14. Might I suggest you start a new thread dedicated to ZX14 mods/improvements? It will capture more attention

·
Original Pirate Material
1,071 Posts
Hey all, brand new on here from Victoria BC :). 45 with a 2008 zx14, I’m a sport tourer not a racer. *I’ve had this for 2 years now and absolutely love the bike, but have definitely been having the challenge of my gf not being comfortable for very long on the back, to the point where i tested *vtx1300 today just to see how we liked riding a cruiser instead. *Personally my butt hurt after 30 mins, but she was much more comfortable. *My zx still has the stock seat and I’m in the middle of the toss up between doing some upgrades to the seat/bars to make it better or just swapping out altogether to a big cruiser. *Anyone had any experience with using a Connie seat on the zx? *
You'll need to swap the hardware on the base of the seat from the 14 to the connie seat. Otherwise it should fit fine; the 14+ connie seats should be more comfortable than earlier models iirc. Also, you'll be raising the height of the seat by an inch or so, something to keep in mind if you have a short inseam. Otherwise, there are other options for pillion backrests as well as peg lowering kits for the 14. It's an excellent bike, I still miss the turbine-like thrust, solid build, and incredible mile munching abilities. Don't miss wiring up accessories on the thing though...

·
Fastronaut
6,508 Posts
So headed North through Enderby today at 6pm; was that anyone from the BCSB VFR Mafia? That was me headed South.

·
Registered
8,227 Posts
FYI ....... I've been out puttering around in the +5 deg weather. It has been clear and precip free so ice isn't a concern. The wind deflector and heated grips work a treat! VFR FTW!

121 - 136 of 136 Posts