BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 118 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to enlarge my back deck,in order to do so I have to pour some more footings,which I have to dig with a post hole AUGER..............ken.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey Auger, who's your contractor? Dimitri Pilamiros?:D

Corner Carver - What better sign is there then, warning curves ahead.... right on, this will be fun.:thumbup Let's go cut some corners!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great book!

grok /grok/, var. /grok/ vt.

[common; from the novel "Stranger in a Strange Land", by Robert A. Heinlein, where it is a Martian word meaning literally `to drink' and metaphorically `to be one with'] The emphatic form is `grok in fullness'. 1. To understand. Connotes intimate and exhaustive knowledge. When you claim to `grok' some knowledge or technique, you are asserting that you have not merely learned it in a detached instrumental way but that it has become part of you, part of your identity. For example, to say that you "know" LISP is simply to assert that you can code in it if necessary - but to say you "grok" LISP is to claim that you have deeply entered the world-view and spirit of the language, with the implication that it has transformed your view of programming. Contrast zen, which is similar supernal understanding experienced as a single brief flash. See also glark. 2. Used of programs, may connote merely sufficient understanding. "Almost all C compilers grok the void type these days."

:alien

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
lets see....

1. I'm Canadian
2. I ride a Gixxer

= Canadian_Gixxer lol :) :laughing :laughing

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
Re: Great book!

Grok said:
grok /grok/, var. /grok/ vt.

[common; from the novel "Stranger in a Strange Land", by Robert A. Heinlein, where it is a Martian word meaning literally `to drink' and metaphorically `to be one with'] The emphatic form is `grok in fullness'. 1. To understand. Connotes intimate and exhaustive knowledge. When you claim to `grok' some knowledge or technique, you are asserting that you have not merely learned it in a detached instrumental way but that it has become part of you, part of your identity. For example, to say that you "know" LISP is simply to assert that you can code in it if necessary - but to say you "grok" LISP is to claim that you have deeply entered the world-view and spirit of the language, with the implication that it has transformed your view of programming. Contrast zen, which is similar supernal understanding experienced as a single brief flash. See also glark. 2. Used of programs, may connote merely sufficient understanding. "Almost all C compilers grok the void type these days."

:alien

that was an awesome book man!
:laughing..

my name (Mitia) sounds like the first two syllables of "Meteorite". Ergo "Miteorite" :)

·
Registered
787 Posts
well, I'm chinese, and huck-jai is a chinese term.....
huck means dark or bad luck....jai means kid....
since i'm pretty dark for a chinese....and have lots of bad luck....
my friends dubbed that name for me.:D

·
Nutrition guy
1,315 Posts
Mine's lame. I ride an F4 and i hope to race one day. Hence f4 racer:rolleyes :laughing

·
builder of bikes
4,802 Posts
Costin
Duckworth

Cosworth

These two engineers formed the most successful engine manufacturing and design team known to man. http://www.cosworth-technology.co.uk. They are now owned by ford and make Ford's Indycar, Formula One, WRC and some Nascar engines. Any Ford with the Cosworth badge is to be feared. Almost any engine equipped with their pistons (yes even gixxers!) is to be feared as well.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
someone proclaimed this as my name at birth.

douglas in scottish means creature from the dark river.

does that make me EVIL?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
huck-jai said:
well, I'm chinese, and huck-jai is a chinese term.....
huck means dark or bad luck....jai means kid....
since i'm pretty dark for a chinese....and have lots of bad luck....
my friends dubbed that name for me.:D
Cool name! your luck must of changed, now that you're enjoying a Motorcycle.:rider

·
Resident Banana
2,694 Posts
atomlowe = Adam Lowe :D

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
adamantium

The skeletal structure of Wolverine from Marvel comics. Supposed to be unbreakable and ever healing. Toughest material known to man according to Marvel anyways. ;)

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
adamantium said:
adamantium

The skeletal structure of Wolverine from Marvel comics. Supposed to be unbreakable and ever healing. Toughest material known to man according to Marvel anyways. ;)
I'll bet that comes in handy riding a bike.:thumbup

·
Premium Member
7,666 Posts
First name is Harpreet...

In Grade 2, my best friend shortened it to "Harps" and it's stuck ever since.

-OR-

I'm a world famous harp player. I'm not famous because I'm the best harp player, but becuase I'm the only person that can play many harps all at once. Hence the screen name "Harps".

Does that sound anymore interesting?

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Whitedragon

Doesn't take a lot of imagination I think.

Term used for Halfies that I've heard over the years(half white half chinese).

1 - 20 of 118 Posts