BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys..

I thought this bearing was for my Cush drive of my Honda cbr 900..
But its not....

It has these markings on it.
JAPAN NTN SC04B66LU
...I'm having a hard time reading one character on the bearing.....
so its either SCO4866LU or the above number..

Any help would be great..:)
Thanx guys..

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
You're kidding, right? You give us a partial bearing model number and we're supposed to guess where it goes on your bike? I feel like I'm on Jeopardy! :D

These days the bearing place doesn't even bother looking at the cross references any more. When I took some in the guy measured them with a caliper and asked what they were from and I said "motorcycle wheel bearings" and he nodded and passed me a little stack of permanent sealed medium speed lifetime greased replacements. $45 for the set of 5 plus 2 out of the 3 seals I needed.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well...I've had other conversations with guys and they knew right off the top of their head just by the serial number on the bearing what it was for..
( but they didnt know this one)...
So i thought I would ask....

As for replacment bearings that arent OEM...i was told to stay away from them if speeds above 250kmh were sustained for long periods of time...
so i'm always stuck with the expensive OEM ones as I like to sit around the 260-270kmh mark when I go out..

F

·
0 Posts
DJBXP said:
As for replacment bearings that arent OEM...i was told to stay away from them if speeds above 250kmh were sustained for long periods of time...
so i'm always stuck with the expensive OEM ones as I like to sit around the 260-270kmh mark when I go out..
BEST POST EVER !!!!!

i checked with japan its a kickstand bearing ,they can also be used in the tail lights and gas cap ,but not the passenger pegs unless you can deal with the little bit of play .just weld em in

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
I could have sworn it was a rotator-splint bearing.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LMAO....
I even tried it with the sky hook I mounted to the bike....... but the darn thing wouldnt work...

Back to the drawing board....
Thanx for the great ideas though guys!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts