BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
5,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what kind of gas mileage you guys getting on your bikes???

in city riding, i'm getting around 220-240kms a tank (if I hang around 4000-6000 rpm)

My fuel light will come on at around 200kms if i'm taking it easy and 180kms if I have been riding the bike hard. Then i'll have another 30-40kms left after that.

On the highway, well I dunno, I haven't gone anywhere far yet so no clue....
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
20 Posts
I haven't gone through a full tank of gas yet this year, and my memory is a little foggy, but I think I get about 150km's before my fuel light comes on, and about another 60 after that (although it is untested ;)).
 

·
I'm back
Joined
·
1,947 Posts
Older bikes have larger tanks? I get around 300 Kms out of tank with mainly city riding.
 

·
resident monkey boy
Joined
·
806 Posts
absolutdm said:
I haven't gone through a full tank of gas yet this year, and my memory is a little foggy, but I think I get about 150km's before my fuel light comes on, and about another 60 after that (although it is untested ;)).
dude your memory is foggy...my light doesn't come on until at least 200-210 and then we have about another 30-40km on that
 

·
I'm back
Joined
·
1,947 Posts
thr1 said:


dude your memory is foggy...my light doesn't come on until at least 200-210 and then we have about another 30-40km on that
He might ride a lot harder, or then again maybe he's just foggy :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,196 Posts
I have a liter bike. It makes enough power that I don't care..............
:flip :D



Goes on reserve somewhere around 235 when touring with an eye out for radar.
 

·
resident monkey boy
Joined
·
806 Posts
Quasi said:


He might ride a lot harder, or then again maybe he's just foggy :)
yeah he's probably a little more throttle happy that i am, but when i'm having fun the light kicks in at about 180
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,489 Posts
The real question

The real question should be how much mileage do you get and how $$$ does it cost you to fill up.

On my new R1 the light comes on around 190km city and I usally get gas at around 220km, and the last 3 tanks on Premium have cost just around $10-$11

Where as my triumph would get 270km before the gas light came on but would cost $15 to fill up, so do the math.

cheers
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
5,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I fill up at 200kms and it cost me 9-10bucks to fill up, this is when I have about 20-40kms left in the tank.

btw, I use only Chevron 94 octane, sure it's overpriced, but 92 octane made my on/off response feel like crap, well that was esso 92, shell 92 seems to run fine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,489 Posts
Canadian_Gixxer said:
I fill up at 200kms and it cost me 9-10bucks to fill up, this is when I have about 20-40kms left in the tank.

btw, I use only Chevron 94 octane, sure it's overpriced, but 92 octane made my on/off response feel like crap, well that was esso 92, shell 92 seems to run fine.
I know what you mean I prefer Chevron 94 as well, but I havn't had any problems with Esso or Shell, but Petro can gas really sucks big time.
 

·
Resident Banana
Joined
·
2,694 Posts
Pretty much the same as everyone else.....185km and about 10-11 bucks to fill. I only use Chevron 94, but I'll put a few bucks of other stuff in when I couldn't find a Chevron.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
20 Posts
That's another thing with Kawi's, have they changed that yet? The fuel reserve petcock that is? I think almost all the other brands have switched over to a 'fill me up' light.
 

·
resident monkey boy
Joined
·
806 Posts
Kawi's are the only one left with the petcock
 
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Top