BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Who is your cable tv provider


  • Total voters
    133
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
just curious, what is everybody running at home.

how do you like it and how much are you paying?

i got shaw digital at home.. going to be shaw hd soon. get a good deal since the gf works at shaw, 50% off
 

·
I'm back
Joined
·
1,947 Posts
Shaw Digital HD at the moment still trying to decide if I should switch over the Satellite. I have the the Total Home bundle with not so Xtreme internet and uh......to be honest I'm not sure what I pay but I know with taxes it's slightly more then $110 a month.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
id stay with shaw hd.. from everything my gf has showed me, shaw vs bell in hd.. shaw is better.. sure they have more 'claimed' hd channels.. anyways, shaw apparently has some deals comming out fairly soon with more hd channels
 

·
Been there, Wrecked that!
Joined
·
2,213 Posts
I know it's shaw but really it just comes from the hole in my roof... Don't ask don't care :p
 

·
glowing ghostie!
Joined
·
3,112 Posts
Basic cable. 28 power-packed channels of mostly garbage. (More like 23 chicken-choked channels of mostly garbage since things like the foreign-language channels (including WTN ha ha ha!) are useless to me.)

My older kid keeps asking for channel 55 (?) Treehouse. Like there is enough cartoons on already! FFS.

My new thing? Getting DVDs from the public library. You can browse and reserve online! And it's FREE. FREEEEEEEE!!! Mwa haa haa haa!
 

·
WMRC Past Prez three time
Joined
·
2,580 Posts
Rabbit ears for me........ I think I look stylish in them!
 

·
banned user
Joined
·
6,255 Posts
gordopolis said:
Basic cable. 28 power-packed channels of mostly garbage. (More like 23 chicken-choked channels of mostly garbage since things like the foreign-language channels (including WTN ha ha ha!) are useless to me.)

My older kid keeps asking for channel 55 (?) Treehouse. Like there is enough cartoons on already! FFS.

My new thing? Getting DVDs from the public library. You can browse and reserve online! And it's FREE. FREEEEEEEE!!! Mwa haa haa haa!
+1

I have basic cable + full net. the only reason I got cable is to provide white noise. I am probably going to buy a water fountain and cancel it. Oh how I will miss Gilmore Girls...
 

·
100%GOON
Joined
·
1,908 Posts
Shaw digi...got the phone and internet set up with them too
 

·
Lee RideFar
Joined
·
5,463 Posts
Shaw Digital for the news and the CRAPPY Canucks hockey. Everyone now and then there is something good on TLC or OLN.

My parents have the Shaw digi HD with recorder. Wow, thats cool. The easiest way to record something. When I was taking care of their place I would record Leno and watch it in the morning. Great way to start the day.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,614 Posts
Basic cable only.
 

·
I'm back
Joined
·
1,947 Posts
adam112 said:
I dont follow? What is it you have? How do you get it?
Ever see those stealing is stealing commercials where the dad is stealing a satellite signal? :devillook
 

·
Permanently Out to Lunch
Joined
·
346 Posts
Quasi said:
Ever see those stealing is stealing commercials where the dad is stealing a satellite signal? :devillook
FTA Satellite receivers are not actually stealing. There are channels that are broadcast over this media. They typically come over BUD's (Big Ugly Dish aka the 6-12' dishes.)

I have a 10' dish at home and receive both digital and analog programming from the states. No crappy Movie channel for me I go straight to HBO and get my crappy movies from there. Doesn't matter how many channels one has there is still always just crap on TV.
 

·
Permanently Out to Lunch
Joined
·
346 Posts
adam112 said:
I dont follow? What is it you have? How do you get it?
Well, you first need a BUD (about 2-3 G's.) Then you need to get it installed (About $500-$1000.) Then pick up a FTA Receiver (about $300-$500.) Then you can get all the free channels that are available.:rockon

I have contacts if you want numbers of installers/sellers. If this is an option although for most it's not because you also need the space to install the dish too.
 

·
banned user
Joined
·
6,255 Posts
Sehner said:
Well, you first need a BUD (about 2-3 G's.) Then you need to get it installed (About $500-$1000.) Then pick up a FTA Receiver (about $300-$500.) Then you can get all the free channels that are available.:rockon

I have contacts if you want numbers of installers/sellers. If this is an option although for most it's not because you also need the space to install the dish too.
ahhhh ok now I get you. Yeah I remember when I was a kid and my freind from next door, they got a giant spacey looking satellite dish. I remember thinking they must be trillionaires to afford one of those things that they would normally rocket into space to advance the human race, but instead of advancing the human race, my uber rich next door neighbor purchased this space instrument and were grabbing tv from outer space.

...now its called a Big Ugly Dish lol.
 
1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Top