BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

What motorcycle school would you attend?

• Action Motorcycle School - [url]http://www.actionmotorcycleschool.com[/url]

Votes: 232 49.9%
  • BC Safety Council - [url]http://www.safetycouncil.bc.ca/[/url]

Votes: 119 25.6%
  • Pro Ride - [url]http://www.proride.net[/url]

Votes: 53 11.4%
  • V-Twin - (I don't know a url)

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • None - I don't need a school at all

Votes: 49 10.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 203 Posts
X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Poll: - Wether it be from word of mouth, advertising, intuition, god's message or your cat talking to you...

If you had a choice, what motorcycle school would you go to?

I hope I get all the schools on the list...if someone else knows of any.. leave it in the thread - don't vote (i'll update it when I see a new school)

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I voted for BC Safety Council, thought of taking there instructors course, but think I will spend the money or race school first. :D

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Human said:
went thru. action....best $600 I ever spent.....
ditto, cant imagine riding without having taken a course of some sort

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
As many good things I hear about Action everyday.. I went to the BC Saftey Council (mind you this was years ago), and I was very pleased with the course.

The one thing that I truely liked (And from what I understand is not possible anymore) was that I started my course on a Monday, and had my FULL Class 6 license on Friday afternoon.

·
glowing ghostie!
3,112 Posts
My experiences have only been with the BC Safety Council. I have nothing but great things to say about them.

I'm sure you will get good instruction at any of the course listed in the poll. Pick the one that ffits you best. Or that still has space!

A few more points to ponder:

- BC Safety Council is a non-profit org. All the others are for-profit.

- To run a driver-training education course, you must be certified. BC Safety Council is the organization that certifies all the other bike courses. (Or so I was told by BCSC.)

·
California dreamin'
2,440 Posts
adamantium said:
The one thing that I truely liked (And from what I understand is not possible anymore) was that I started my course on a Monday, and had my FULL Class 6 license on Friday afternoon.
I took the Motorcycle Skills and Traffic Skills courses a couple of years ago through the BC Safety Council. To steal a line from Human, it was the best $450 I ever spent. After three (consecutive) weekends I had my full Class 6 license. Rest assured, I was at the DMV office first thing Monday morning to make it official. :) The only sucky thing is that I didn't have a bike at a time so it was a few (long) weeks before I could borrow my brother's bike and go for a ride.

·
Slow
271 Posts
I recall that around 4 years ago BCSC was the only school to go to? Now I'm not sure how they compare to Action and others but if I had to go back I'd revisit the BCSC.

I though the training was great and since then I've been on a couple of their instructor rides. It's nice to see a large group of riders show the control that they do even when not teaching school. Actually, a couple of times on the last ride I though they rode a little slow but then that shows something about my character - I'm sure we weren't going too much slower than the speed limit. ;)

My one comment about the BCSC instructors that I can say is that they do live by the same rules they teach in class. It's a pretty dedicated group of instructors and they know their stuff.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I went to pro-ride in vancouver. I called action to book a class there and the guy on the phone was an asshole so I went with pro-ride instead. all of the schools that offer on-site testing are lisenced by icbc and are all pretty much the same. dino and matt at pro-ride are awesome. they gave me some habits that have kept me out of the hospital numerous times. the $600 may seem steep at first, but it will save your ass more than buying a $600 arai.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I went to Action myself, and I must say that Dat was a great instructor. But I have to also recommend ProRide as well. One of my friends is an instructor there, and he's really good at what he does.

The only school I can't recommend is BCSC. Everyone I know that has gone there, has had nothing good to say. But correct me if I'm wrong.

:thumbup

·
bcsportbike goon
596 Posts
gixxer19 said:
I went to Action myself, and I must say that Dat was a great instructor. But I have to also recommend ProRide as well. One of my friends is an instructor there, and he's really good at what he does.

The only school I can't recommend is BCSC. Everyone I know that has gone there, has had nothing good to say. But correct me if I'm wrong.

:thumbup
Agree 100%! I'm currently in class right now with Action, and Dat is my instructor, and he is awesome! Totally kewl guy, and great instructing...

I was a little worried about getting on a bike, but the instructing at Action is unbelievable. I know i'm in good hands...

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I learned from ACTION.
I've told ALL my girlfriends to go there.
I also told a few guys too.
But they didn't listen. They said school cost too much.
I think School is the first piece of Gear you should buy.

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
adamantium said:

hehehe, yeah not like that anymore :( Gonna have to wait a good 2months to book a road test thru them or thru icbc nowadays. but you'll have your novice license before the end of da week :)

I took BCSC too and I thought it was excellent. I found the traffic skills course the most rewarding, as it gave me some excellent road experience in traffic.

·
Just Another Enthusiast
2,051 Posts
I used to think that Action and BCSC were the same, but after learning that at Action you are not taught how to 'blip' the throttle when downshifting, I am left wondering what else Action does not cover...

When you get your driver's license, Young Drivers has a reputation of being the best. And when you call YD about a motorcycle license, they refer you to BCSB only. That is a pretty good referrence IMHO.

1 - 20 of 203 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.