BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
now looking for a bike what do you guys/ladies recomend?i've owned a lot of differant models,really enjoyed the zx12r but on off throttle is harsh even after mapping,02 maybe?steering towards gsxr1000,just wish it was avail in a diff colour,want a great allaround bike with good power,even with passengers,long rides as california etc...just looking for opinions on this,whats a good price for the gixxer 1k used and new? thx for the help.john:D

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
GSXR1000, and let me ride it. ;)

That's my goal for next year.. althugh I haven't ridden one yet.. but I'm sure I'll fall in love.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My votes for the Gixxer 1000. Awesome bike.

:rider

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Although it gets no respect (why?), if you want a bike with lots of power, ability to travel long ways and still carry some real healthy corner speeds get a Honda Blackbird.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that would be the production GSV-R. V4 990. yum.

if they actually release that i expect the gixx 100 and 750 to disappear.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Holeshot in langley is selling a Gixxer 1000 in silver black for $12000. I thought that was a pretty sweet deal. Its brand new too. I say go gixxer 1000. Next season I was thinking of steping up to a liter bike, and that was one of my possibilities. I just dont like the fact that only one headlight is running on low beam. That's the only draw back I see in the GSXR's. ;)

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Although I am a dvoted Yamaha fan, I am not going to recomend them for you are this point. They suck for the passenger. Although I have never ridin a YZF 1000 they might be more comfy

Dafnip

·
Back Again!!
852 Posts
Flag R6 said:
Although it gets no respect (why?), if you want a bike with lots of power, ability to travel long ways and still carry some real healthy corner speeds get a Honda Blackbird.
I agree...All I hear is that its powerfull, yet comfy, and goes like stink!!(fast):D

I'll be taking one out to test, i'll let you know how it goes, or just come by and try one.

·
glowing ghostie!
3,112 Posts
Dafnip said:
Although I am a dvoted Yamaha fan, I am not going to recomend them for you are this point. They suck for the passenger. Although I have never ridin a YZF 1000 they might be more comfy

Dafnip
Don't forget about the Yamaha FZ1. A better all-rounder and passenger carrier than many of today's fully faired bikes.

With the extra weight and midrange-tuned engine it doesn't have quite the snap that the your repliracers will have, but I'll sacrifice that for comfort. Besides, it's still got plenty of zing for me! :)

Honda Blackbird is a good suggestion too.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
how is the wind rain protection,i like the std/retro's but is this a concern,iride all year,i had a zrx 1100 but found i got blown around alot,the blackbird was on the list but i wanted something slightly better for weight size.thanks for the advice.john

·
glowing ghostie!
3,112 Posts
BOMAX said:
how is the wind rain protection,i like the std/retro's but is this a concern,iride all year,i had a zrx 1100 but found i got blown around alot,the blackbird was on the list but i wanted something slightly better for weight size.thanks for the advice.john
Most owners recognize wind protection as the biggest shortcoming with the FZ1. The stock windscreen doesn't do a whole lot. Depends on your physical size of course.

I have the taller/wider "touring screen" from Yamaha. I'm about 6' tall and feel the breeze on my head and shoulders, but really it doesn't bother me all that much. There are other aftermarket screens available, but as they get bigger they spoil the looks IMO.

I'm also an all-year rider and I have had no complaints in regards to wet weather. Except that my fingers get cold! :)

Coming from a bend-over SV650S, my biggest surprise was that I wasn't looking out of just the top few inches of my helmet visor! It is soooo nice to be able sit up and view the road!

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
gixxer 1000 man :)

if you dont like the single headlight look, get a 2002 and up for the dual version.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
havent tried one yet,now the rains back i'll be looking into more test rides.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It's a tough call between the 954RR and the R1, but the nod goes to the Yammy. Call me biased, but I just think it is nicer looking and a slightly more refined bike. If you can, test ride all the open classers and then make your decision. Don't forget to give us some feedback if you do test ride some bikes.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts