BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, everyone! here is my question, I just bought this 2004 gsxr750.3600kms on it. the previouse owner garaged the bike since the end of last riding season. what must be done before I can ride it again?and how much does it approximately cost? can't wait to meet all you guys on the road.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Just a quick question first, how did he garage it. Like just left it off to the side with a tarp on it, or did he garage or "store" it properly, like stick the battery in a trickle charger, toss in some fuel stabilizer, and so on.

Either way id change the fluids, the brake fluid, and if you havent started it yet maybe give the internals some oil, And change my filter.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What he saids, esp. important are the oil and brake fluid, rad fluid maybe less essential. Ensure proper chain tension, lubricate chain. Make sure that clutch snaps back, throttle snaps back. Trickle charge/replace battery as needed. Inflate tires to proper air pressure.

Cost is minimal if you can do all those yourself, which, I imagine, you ought to be able to, the most time consuming thing being the brake fluid change. If you do change your brake fluid remember to use something to cover any and everything on the bike with paint on it, because brake fluid eats everything...

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
After you get it out on the road, take it easy for the first few thousand clicks while you get used to the machine.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
don't bother going to a shop...pick up a manual and it'll tell you how to do all the services.

·
Registered
82 Posts
An '04 GSXR750 for a new rider? Sheesh. Please be careful and learn how to ride properly. that is one quick and agile machine. good luck and welcome.:)

·
Registered
24 Posts
What, when did the last riding season end?:rockon . Seriously if the dude rode it till like December, or even started it up every week it's fine. If it starts and runs well just change the oil, check the tire pressure and tread and go. Obviously if the brake fluid is sh*t brown change it but otherwise just giv'er

1 - 9 of 9 Posts