BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Over at the Z1000 site I hang out at one of the members has just finished modding out his Z into one fine looking 'fighter. What'cha think o' dis?

Ignore the date, he didn't program his camera. The shots are new.

·
banned user
6,255 Posts
so is this some kind of trick to get me to sign up to a kawi forum??

you devil you!

(can you direct link to images so I don't have to register?)

:)

·
Fastronaut
6,508 Posts
so is this some kind of trick to get me to sign up to a kawi forum??

you devil you!

(can you direct link to images so I don't have to register?)

:)
I bet he gets 5 free alternators if he signs up a new member.

·
Premium Member
11,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ooops. Sorry, I forgot about that. Original thread edited.

·
Fastronaut
6,508 Posts
I don't dig the origami pipe. Why? The bike has a swoopy organic look except for the muffler. I'm also not a fan of coloured paint on engine cases.

·
The Wizard
2,743 Posts
Sorry Bruce, not diggin' the pipe or the 2 tone paint. Other than that, bike looks good

·
Learning the hard way.
1,334 Posts
The pipe looks like it was taken off an old wind up record player from WWI.

Great looking bike but the green has GOT ta go.

·
Member #827
1,505 Posts
Even though I hate the neon green, I'd let myself be caught riding that thing. If the green was red, I'd actually take my helmet off and crack a smile :p Sweeeeeeeet Z, I'm a fan.

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
The colour is atrocious. I don't like the front fender; looks weak. I like the inserts on the tank sides, though.
It looks elongated, IMHO. Maybe I'm just used to seeing more stuff in the way which leads my eye to think the wheelbase is shorter.
Overall, I don't care for it much.

·
Fastronaut
6,508 Posts
The colour is atrocious. I don't like the front fender; looks weak. I like the inserts on the tank sides, though.
It looks elongated, IMHO. Maybe I'm just used to seeing more stuff in the way which leads my eye to think the wheelbase is shorter.
Overall, I don't care for it much.
Looks like Stomp Grip, you can put it on any bike and anyone who has it swears by it (even though most folks think you've glued a shower mat on your bike).

·
Premium Member
11,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well trust some of you to complain about the color.... :rolleyes You guys gotta look PAST the color and see the bike. It's only some paint after all (sure hope Borderline doesn't see that last sentance... :D)

Oddly enough the pipe is one of the main selling points that I like on this bike. I think the curve goes well with the bike and I like the way the "origami" shape lays up flatter against the swingarm while still providing enough volume for a decent amount of packing material. It makes for a far narrower seeming bike and for me that's a big part of its appeal. See pic below. Note how it tucks in even tighter than the swingarm spool is sticking out.

And is it really that much different from the latest mini pipes that connect to the belly canisters?

The swingarm is standard length. It's the removal of the pipes and passenger peg brackets along with removing the hugger that makes it look so long and open in the rear wheel area compared to the original.

The tank panels are that stomp grip or similar. Done to help you hang on while doing those 12's and stoppies I'd guess.

·
No the pic is not me
930 Posts
Looks good to me. I like the pipe from the side view, but I think the end is pretty ugly... Cap possibly?

·
Master of Puppets
791 Posts
Colours aside, it looks like a naked bike ought to. Big lump o' motor, a place to sit, two wheels and something to steer with. Nothing else.

If only gov'ment didn't require all that namby pamby shit like turn signals, the factories could build 'em like this! ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts