BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Pixel Hustler since '88
Joined
·
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got a new Helmet for Christmas and I'm not to sure what to do with my old one besides throwing it away.

Basically the old helmet in unusable. It been dropped a few times and is an outlandish XXL... Aside from wearing it to play GT4 (or Tourist Trophy when it comes out) for that more race like feel... I don't have much use for it... Just wondering what y'all done or if there are any suggestions out there.
 
D

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
wear it in your car.

take pics of you in your car wearing your helmet at noted vancouver landmarks.

post the pics.

or, just throw it away.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,138 Posts
Pullll!!!!! *chick chick* BANG!!!!!

I would recommend a 12 gauge. :evilgrin
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
622 Posts
Funny you say that Doug...last summer I was nearly ran off the road on main street near kingsway by a guy in a white Van...and he was wearing a white helmet.

I was pissed off and laughing at the same time.
 

·
Pixel Hustler since '88
Joined
·
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm.. Is it even legal to actually wear a helmet while driving? If so it'll be a kick ass way to remember that ol' helmet before I chuck it.
 
D

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
i can't wait for cosworth's car to be finished.

i am wearing my pink shoei helmet as co-driver.


another bad use for an old helmet? a planter.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,614 Posts
I gave mine to Sally Ann. They seemed happy with it. :D
 

·
WMRC Past Prez three time
Joined
·
2,580 Posts
If it's damaged drill a few big holes in it and toss it. That way no one uses it and gets hurt due to it being defective.

Or put it up on a shelf and start a collection....
 

·
100%GOON
Joined
·
1,908 Posts
mli35 said:
Pullll!!!!! *chick chick* BANG!!!!!

I would recommend a 12 gauge. :evilgrin

rifled slug or SSG...all good:rockon
 

·
... as in "off my bike?"
Joined
·
397 Posts
racerboy88 said:
keep it for go-karting
That's what I am going to do with mine. It's just about up for replacement (hopefully find something at the upcoming bike show) but I'm keeping it for go-karting, ATV-ing, etc. A 10-year old, quality, full-face helmet is worlds better than most loaner helmets you'll get for any given activity -- as long as it hasn't been crash-tested of course.
 

·
Fast Pack Slow Guy
Joined
·
4,722 Posts
Take a chainsaw to it, splatter it with red paint and stick tiney pieces of cauliflower in and around the damaged bits.

Then put it on and stagger into Richmond Motorsport's clothing and accessory department like you're drunk and say "I think I need a new helmet".
 
D

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
a_breath_of_zen said:
Hmm.. Is it even legal to actually wear a helmet while driving? If so it'll be a kick ass way to remember that ol' helmet before I chuck it.

nothng says you can't. you'll just get people looking at you funny.


which is the whole point of the exercise.
 

·
hot beef
Joined
·
276 Posts
a_breath_of_zen said:
Well I got a new Helmet for Christmas and I'm not to sure what to do with my old one besides throwing it away.

Basically the old helmet in unusable. It been dropped a few times and is an outlandish XXL... Aside from wearing it to play GT4 (or Tourist Trophy when it comes out) for that more race like feel... I don't have much use for it... Just wondering what y'all done or if there are any suggestions out there.
bowling ball and a very tall building. just dont hit any one and run if you hit any thing
 
F

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
i dare you to tote a superman lunch box and wear the old lid at the roller coaster at the PNE ,,ahaha

thatd be classic
 
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Top