BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I am a new rider, and am going to purchase my first bike soon. I am looking for an 01-03 yamaha r6 under $5000. What are some things I should look for/ be careful about?

·
BCSB Public Relations
10,285 Posts

·
yammy!
94 Posts
all bikes are generally the same when it comes to issues,

first off tell who ever your buying it off to NOT pre warm up the bike, if it doesnt start cold, or has issues starting cold, turn around.

any rattling sounds are never a good thing

like any vehicle rust can be an issue

on the test ride (which i never buy a used bike i cant test ride) if when you get thru a few gears, listen for any odd sounds, it should be relatively normal engine sounds, and no excessive vibrations.

brakes should always be snappy.

there are way more issues to be conscious about but i hope this helps.

good luck

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
welcome... :flip:flip:flip:flip:flip:flip

Now we've got an Appledrink and a Grapedrink.
Watermelon anyone?? :devillook

R6.....Cam Chain Tensioner (CCT) and the Transmission may start to pop from 2nd to neutral. If it has minty bodywork and high miles....RUN....track day bike put back to stock. May be beaten to within an inch of it's life.

Whatever you buy, doesn't matter what. Take it to a selling dealer (Yamaha shop) for an inspection. Those techs will see them day in and out and know what the common things to look for are. Best money you'll spend, especially if they test it and find out in needs a transmission or something.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts