• Neither

Votes: 8 11.3%

• Total voters
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
More filling!
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This poll is intended to look into the relative dangers of cars vs. bikes. Of course on this forum there will be a strong skew towards bikers, but it should still prove interesting. For the purposes of this poll, a "serious crash" involves major injury such as broken bones. Please don't count a little road rash. Also please don't count people you only knew in passing.

I have personally known:

1) both car drivers and motorcycle riders who have had serious crashes.

2) only motorcycle riders who have had serious crashes.

3) only car drivers who have had serious crashes.

4) nobody who has had a serious crash.

I, for one, have only known people who have crashed seriously in their cars.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I've been in 2 Car Accidents (not Driving), and as alot of you know by now, my buddy crashed his bike. :p

Ryan

·
Registered
8,725 Posts
Over the many many years I've been around,
Lots of Friends have had fatal accidents in both cars and bikes.

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
I've never crashed my cars(s), and I've only lowsided my bike.
I've broken more bones in karate and jujitsu than in my transportation activities. :D

·
Twin A
8,019 Posts
crash dirt bikes, dirt gives more than pavement and no cars around

·
contradiction incarnate
2,748 Posts
I've been more severely injured in a car accident than my recent motorcycle accident.

·
Banned
2,578 Posts
I'm aware of 16 crashes of close friends or their own immediate friends. All but two involved bikes. Stats:

Fourteen Bike Crashes:

* 3 riders walked away injured but never 100% recovered.
* 1 rider now in a wheelchair for life.
* 10 riders ...RIP :(

Two car crashes:

* 1 driver undergoing constant surgeries for the past 2 years.
* 1 driver's fine

I didn't include my own crash in the above stats.

·
My Twitter: SH1FTG34R
1,891 Posts
SkipTkt said:
I'm aware of 16 crashes of close friends or their own immediate friends. All but two involved bikes. Stats:

Fourteen Bike Crashes:

* 3 riders walked away injured but never 100% recovered.
* 1 rider now in a wheelchair for life.
* 10 riders ...RIP :(

Two car crashes:

* 1 driver undergoing constant surgeries for the past 2 years.
* 1 driver's fine

I didn't include my own crash in the above stats.
Oh my, that's some serious stats. I guess it really depends on whom you "hang out" with, and what type of transportation is common within your friends. I myself have been in two car accidents, none of which were my fault. People don't know how to stop and end up rear ending me. As for motorcycle, I dropped a 600cc ninja at SFU lol :p. Thank god it was a nothing major and thank god all that broke was the mirror and a little bit of the upper fairing.

·
Formerly kanelupis
5,252 Posts
I've only known one friend to have been in a serious car accident. I myself on the other hand have been in a minor moto crash.

F

·
0 Posts
never crashed a car,crashed a bike once
-16 yrs of car and 27 years of motorcycle ,maybe 9yrs street bike

·
Lightly seasoned...
176 Posts
I know (and have known) both... the key are those who are cursed/unlucky/stupid enough to do so repeatedly in a year... I know of one who has had the luck last year to be in 3 car write off accidents all 100% not his fault (and not been critically injured in any, 1 he broke his arm, one we were amazed he survived given the size his car was at the lot afterward). And know others that you're amazed their still alive yet still never been in an accident... my first season riding introduced me to the penaltimate of serious crash with a cut short friendship w/ a rider who ended up being killed in a crash. Sadly I've been to too many funerals in the past 5 years all of which coming way before their time...

S

·
0 Posts
flipped a car once. had a bad highside(120 on city streets 5 years ago). had a bad lowside(compression fracture in my back and 1/2 inch shorter now) last year. many crashes to come cuz if you're not crashing often you're not really trying hard enough.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts