BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was he trying to make sure he could draft Hacking?
Screw around with a couple laps left?

Or was he being nice and letting Hack get his first Daytona win?

What happened in the last couple minutes of FX? Why didnt he go for the pole? Did he run into another bike? Or screw up? Didnt seem happy with his crew.

·
Shiftless clutcher
2,738 Posts
Di Salvo said that in Superstock, Hacking had followed him around for most of the race, and he wanted to do the typical Daytona strategy of handing Jamie the lead for a bit so he could study Hacking's strengths and weaknesses before making his final moves at the end of the race. He chose an odd place in the track to do it, though, which he admitted, as he ended up taking a line which caused him to pass Hacking right back again. Weird...

As for the F-Xtreme qualifying, I think we're all still puzzled about that one. My best guess is that Di Salvo misjudged how much time he had left. He was obviously looking around, waiting for a clear space to run his fast lap, but didn't come out of the chicane hard to start his final flying lap in time. As you said, he didn't seem to want to talk to anyone when he arrived back at the pits. I guess we'll have to wait and see if he talks about that over the weekend.

F

·
0 Posts
just listen to him in an interview,his age oozes out of each word.SPIES is the next champ ,disalvo seems to think he is ,but cant deliver as much .He seems to do a lot of weird things during a race ,his description of what he was doing with hacking was more confusing than watching it .Im sure hacking was thinking ,,"hey kid this is the daytona stop fuking around ,im an old man and this aint no game,,i may not be around much longer " .lol

good on hacking and the r1 give, granpa a title.... its not like he doesnt deserve it , not much comp n superstock ,i think the best racing wil be FX and supersport

·
Three hour tour guide
8,750 Posts
I guess this should say *SPOILER* eh...

keep looking down ....

I'm speculating that Disalvo had "orders"... they are on the same team right?, then developed a major case of fumblemouth when he had to explain it....

If they're not team mates then meh...

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
It was definitely a weird end, but an even more confusing explanation on camera.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SpideRider said:
It was definitely a weird end, but an even more confusing explanation on camera.
Ya i mean if you have orders, you think you would "run wide" somewhere.

Not throw your arms in the air twice, pass the guy, and then have no explanation?:laughing

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
Exactly! It was so odd.

·
Shiftless clutcher
2,738 Posts
mikeelliot said:
Not throw your arms in the air twice, pass the guy, and then have no explanation?:laughing
:laughing :laughing
I think that's in the WMRC rule book somewhere...

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
J_Web said:
haha ya that was messed, but even under orders.. hacking wouldn't want a gimmie win ... i don't get it .. i wonder if he was just being a dork and messed up and then got drafted at the end hahaha. i wish Geoff May woulda made podium though... oh well.. 4th ain't bad

Ya I forgot about the cherry picker Aaron Yates! 3rd place with a seperated shoulder....unreal!!:rockon

1 - 11 of 11 Posts