BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you do when cagers cut you off? I was almost run into the sidewalk today, then I stopped for the light. I pulled up beside the stupid lady and started screaming but she just looked confused. Probably just didn't understand english. Anyways, I was so pissed off :mad . I get mad road rage when I drive my car, and riding makes it even worse, but I've learned to turn it down a little. (Then I kicked the car. Like I said, road rage) I know it's not a good idea, but I was so mad. It's like she's never heard of a shoulder check. I know that some people say to ride like they're out to get you, but this is ridiculous. there's my $0.02.

Oh, I got the early shift at my restaurant today hoping it would be a beautiful long weekend, but it started raining :(

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Just relax, and be cool. She didn't hit you so you're already ahead of what could have happened. If you hold on to the anger, you'll f*** up somewhere else along the road. Just let it go, it isn't worth it.

Just my $0.02:rider

·
builder of bikes
4,802 Posts
If the situation has subsided (you got away unscathed). Just let it be. I will admit though.. ...there are a couple cars in town that didn't hear my horn but heard my Alpinestars hitting their door...

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
I tailgate and wheelie by them on the shoulder lol :) :laughing :laughing

just joking, I dont do that :) All I do is just shake my head and continue on.

·
Registered
898 Posts
a buddy of mine had a taxi try to take over his lane. He honked and the taxi still wouldn't back off. The taxi ended with a busted-off mirror...:D

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
geebutbut said:
a buddy of mine had a taxi try to take over his lane. He honked and the taxi still wouldn't back off. The taxi ended with a busted-off mirror...:D
some one suggested speeding in front of the car and dropping a pile of pennies.

shrug.

people cut me off all the time. you can usually see it coming.

-d

·
Resident Banana
2,694 Posts
I used to get upset, but now I try to relax. If they are on a cell phone, I'll pull up and say aomething about almost killing me and blip the throttle. I will not get upset though...just enough to embarrase them with the person on the phone:) .

Road rage is a nasty thing now adays...don't get caught up in it.

X

·
0 Posts
Hmm.. usually I finger the person and curse inside my helmet....

Both of which the neither see nor hear. I figure if they didn't see you in the lane, they arn't going to see you finger them. If they didn't hear your horn/pipe they arn't going to hear you shout at them.. so why bother? :D

I've never done damage to another car while driving, probably a good thing.

·
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We were stopped and I pulled up beside her. I heard of some guy putting brake fluid in a water pistol and shooting it at cars if they cut him off. I thought "I wouldn't want to damage a car that badly" but then I guess my boot would probably do the same thing. I'm gonna try to take it easy next time it happens (cause I know it will). Dumb drivers just get me so mad. The funny thing is that I've already had almost 5 years to vent (though I've only been riding for ~1). I thought I saw everything when I drove my car, but when I ride my bike I see things every day that make me shake my head.

·
ROAR!!!!!!
1,175 Posts
Think it was 2 years ago. My friend and I were riding down Granville, this lady with a Benz ML 320 suddenly cut infront of him!!! The lady was talking on the cell phone!!!!! My friend almost fell off the bike... so he rode up next to the car and smashed the driver side window with his carbon fibre knuckled glove and rode off....

·
Registered
787 Posts
all i do is honk, shake my head and just ride off......shit happens...
lotta dumb drivers out there.....like the idiot today who backed up and hit my rear tire while i was on my bike in a lot...luckily he was going slow. no damage. no bike dropped.

·
California dreamin'
2,440 Posts
Eddie said:
I've found that the people who cut you off either: a// are so oblivious to what's going on around them, that they have absolutely no idea why you're ranting, screaming and making rude gestures toward them. They just chalk it up to 'rude motorcyclists'
I totally agree. I find that whether I'm in a car or on my bike when someone does something that almost causes an accident they are invariably yakking on the phone or otherwise oblivious to what they could have possible done wrong. So, if you go mildly postal on them they have no idea why. Ergo, it's not worth it. (I must confess that inflicting some damage to their wheels has a certain appeal. Not that I condone that sort of activity.)

I just moved back here after 12 years in the Interior and it's scary how many bad or overly-aggressive (i.e., drive WAY too fast for the conditions and or just generally do stupid stuff) drivers there are nowadays.

·
MoToSucCubUS
1,784 Posts
drivers like that are accidents waiting to happen. i can only hope that an actual accident would be a sufficient wake-up call for them. :mad scares me to think that they could be allowed to continue driving around in their little bubble of invincibility.

the most effective thing to do might be take down their license plate and file a traffic report (or get some details regarding their place of residence and leave a well-written letter summarizing the incident for his/her family and outlining the possible consequences in graphic detail, perhaps using pictures - Jim?:laughing). I would definately take notice of that. more than one or two reports against any one individual might eventually force the police to take action against them.

in the meantime, watch for the other guy and have a safe ride. :happysq

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
Eddie said:
I usually honk my horn ... actually, if only my horn honked, it's a wimp, it sorta goes, bleeeeep. Any suggestions on replacement horns that will send an electro-shock-wave of nuclear energy toward the offending cager?

ask Xyban, he has a train horn in his truck. Maybe there's a mini version, for hte bikes :p

C

·
0 Posts
And why can't the drivers use those pull-outs on sea to sky?? And why do they allways speed up on when there's a passing lane?

And why do they start to wash their windscreen and your visor at the same time:)

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Candide said:
And why can't the drivers use those pull-outs on sea to sky?? And why do they allways speed up on when there's a passing lane?

And why do they start to wash their windscreen and your visor at the same time:)
Ooh, two of my pet peeves!! Why can't cage drivers just look in their mirror once in a while and we wouldn't get covered with windsheild washer anti-freeze...or cigarette butts or even orange peel.:mad

·
California dreamin'
2,440 Posts
Why can't cage drivers just look in their mirror once in a while and we wouldn't get covered with windsheild washer anti-freeze ...
Um, I don't know if that would do much good. I'm sure most people are so clueless that they cannot figure out that when they use their windshield washers that there is an overspray problem.

On a (driving a cage) related note, what bugs me are these morons who pass me on the Coquihalla in the wintertime and as soon as they are past me they pull into my lane showering me with gravel and rocks (well, more than they already are when they pass me). ARGH! We are the only two vehicles on that particular stretch of road so you'd think they could wait until they are a km or two ahead of me before changing lanes. But nooooo, they must pull over right away. Pinheads.

·
Wanderer of the Wastes
6,817 Posts
You guys are sissies!

...just do what my buddy did. Create a verbal altercation until it gets to the point where you both agree to pull over and 'discuss' matters further. get off the bike and get to the driver just as they are getting out of their cage. Without removing your helmet, proceed to headbut the fool until they're left unconcious on the side of the road. get on bike and resume your ride. have a nice day!

·
ROAR!!!!!!
1,175 Posts
Re: You guys are sissies!

DNAspark99 said:
...just do what my buddy did. Create a verbal altercation until it gets to the point where you both agree to pull over and 'discuss' matters further. get off the bike and get to the driver just as they are getting out of their cage. Without removing your helmet, proceed to headbut the fool until they're left unconcious on the side of the road. get on bike and resume your ride. have a nice day!
:laughing :laughing :laughing :laughing :laughing :laughing

1 - 20 of 23 Posts