BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and my buddy kelly are riding up to penticton for the long weekend. Can anyone recomend the best roads to get there ? not nessecarily the fastest but the coolest ride, scenery, road condition, twisteis etc.

you all are welcome to ride with us up there if you want, we're going up saturday coming back monday

·
Registered
185 Posts
My buddy and I are heading up that way as well for the long weekend. Gettin off at Keremeos though. The Hope Princeton highway is a nice drive. Havent done it on a bike yet but that is gonna change next weekend. Really nice scenery up through there. I think it will be a great road to ride on a bike. What time are you heading up maybe we can hook up and ride together.

F

·
0 Posts
Yeah #3 (Princeton) is nice, but a lot of one lane traffic on twisty roads make it a bitch to pass slower traffic. Sort of like the ride up to Squamish. It is a beautiful ride though and I prefer it to #5.

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
The route 3 is the way to go.

And a hint for ya. If you turn off at the sign that points to Apex resort there's a winding little rough two laner that runs up a valley to the intersection that leads up to Apex. At that point stay to the right and it takes you into Penticton. I'll add about 20 minutes onto the ride but it can be very worthwhile.

DISCLAIMER. This back road sees a LOT of sanding to make it passable for the winter ski traffic. There's a very good chance that there's still lots of patches that will be less than ideal. It's also very much a back road with the lumps and potholes that goes with that. But if you hold it down a little and just shoot the short curves and little stretches with the odd squirt it can be a very fun road.

If you try it then let us know how it is.

G

·
0 Posts
Highway #3 is a freakin' blast on a sportbike! Leave early to avoid congestion, #3 is SO NICE with no traffic!

Watch for the blue brigade when you get closer to Penticton, always have a set-up around the end of #3, especially on the long weekend. Have fun!

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
If your commin up Princton Hope way#3 when ya get to Princton,turn left just before the [email protected] Dairy Queen and then get on the Old Headly Hwy it parrelells the Hwy#3 but on the other side of the river ,it only lasts 12-15 k but will get you into Headly from a totally diffrent route. And Green Mtn Rd AKA apex Rd is clear and clean right now.

Some roads you might want to check out while in penticton
Naramata RD
Sage Messa Rd
Green Mtn Rd
East side Rd Skaha
White Lake Rd
Willobrook Rd
Anachrist Mtn (Osoyous)

Long weekend I'm outta here,to many tourist's?

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Thanks PH-Q2, good info. Yer better than the BC highways site.......... :D

·
Registered
844 Posts
My other hosue is in penticton so i ride up there all the time in the summer. the only route i have ever taken is the #3. The coquihalla seems way to boring. If you are in a hurrey like i usually am it will take you a bit less than 3 hours from surrey (hwy 1) to down town penticton.

A

·
0 Posts
route to Penticton?

OK,check this route out-Vancouver to Hope,up to Spences Bridge,over to Merritt,along the Okanogan connector to Aspen Grove,down to Princeton,Keremeos,then #3 to Penticton......ken.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
ya that's a great run if ya got 8 hours.

S

·
0 Posts
PH-Q2 said:
If your commin up Princton Hope way#3

Some roads you might want to check out while in penticton
Naramata RD
Sage Messa Rd
Green Mtn Rd
East side Rd Skaha
White Lake Rd
Willobrook Rd
Anachrist Mtn (Osoyous)
I agree with PH here about the #3 to the valley... great road not a lot of traffic and on a sport bike you don't need a lot of room to pass.

As far as the other roads too all very excellent. I prefer the anarchist Mtn its a great ride to the top. Green Mtn can be a bit rough with some rocks to watch for and the East Side Skaha - watch for the feds.

BTW anyone coming down for the long weekend take a bit o caution around Hedley as the Princeton Feds set up there often and they are general;ly A$$HOLES. This last weekend I saw several patrol units cruising our area as well, Oliver, and they are stop'n bikes.

Cheers

A

·
0 Posts
Penticton?

PH-Q2 said:
ya that's a great run if ya got 8 hours.

Well,he did say he wanted a good ride not neccessarily a quick one:rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes ..................ken.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts