BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a very cheap small rug from ikea's as is department in coquitlam and while riding with the thing rolled up and stuffed between my backpack and my back not being able to keep my head up I started to wonder what's the biggest thing you have carried with your bike?
Oh and don't say your girlfriend.. :laughing

I've had a snowboard and rode with my boarding boots.. wasn't a sportbike though :D (actually it was with a 125 scooter in snow)
and few times with a full hockey gear bag and stick..

·
Resident Banana
2,694 Posts
two cases of beer using two bungies:D

·
Go big or go home
271 Posts
Carried the new front and rear diff gear set and bearings for my broken down truck after an extreme 4 wheeling trip.Had a low rider that day.:)

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
a complete computer system, less monitor. 24 bottles of beer.

that or a really cute brunette. but she wasn't big! not even big boned!

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Golf clubs, wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, I have golf bag with the izzo straps so I just wore like a back pack with the clubs diagonally.

·
Premium Member
7,666 Posts
Most I've ever had to carry was a guy that goes by the name "Sewman" :D

·
Just Another Enthusiast
2,051 Posts
My hockey bag stuffed with lacrosse gear and other neccessities, along with two lacrosse sticks.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Digi168 said:
Golf clubs, wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, I have golf bag with the izzo straps so I just wore like a back pack with the clubs diagonally.
i always wondered about that digi...does it really work??

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
When I was a little kid my dad used to take me to hockey practice and games on his motorbike Suzuki RM250 enduro. I had to haul a huge hockey bag, stick, helmet and all the rest of the goods. Man I don't know how he did it! Come to think of it my hockey helmet wasn't DOT approved :)

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Whitedragon said:
She wasn't fat or anything. 125lb, 5'9.. still it's the heaviest thing I've carried on my bike. True dat!

·
resident monkey boy
806 Posts
me:D

·
Premium Member
7,666 Posts
Did that picture work??? I have to select it and hit "show picture" for it to show up.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Since I've always preferred a bike to a car, and bikes have been my ONLY transportation most of my driving life, I've been pretty innovative and carried some stuff that most would consider impossible (I figure if I can carry a 6 ft. 3 in., 240-lb. passenger, why not cargo).

So, for example, in 1976 I rode home to San José from my cousins' home in San Diego, carrying 2 suitcases and a portable typewriter (I had a sturdy rack/backrest that made this possible). Traveling up U.S. Hwy. 101, did I ever get some funny looks from people that passed me!

Or the time in 1982 when I bought an ironing board and strapped it against my backrest to take it home.... Then there was the 20-inch box fan....

Perhaps the all-time cargo load was in 1993 when my friend and I were roommates, we had to make a run to Costco. His car was broken down, so we bought a bunch of stuff, put it in a big box (about 1 metre tall), and I strapped the box to HIM with a bungee cord. Worked great -- since he was the passenger he made a great anchor to keep the box in place.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I thought I'd nal it but the Wing and pocket bike were better. Mine was a 5' long LTD2 driveshaft,a 1hp yamaha outboard motor, or my ex...
I did haul 2 chicks for a short time (hey, I'm old). One on the tank,one on the seat. Thank heven they weren't drunk. I'll admit it was stupid but so was I.
Cheers.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts