BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just interested in everyone's favorite spots.

Mine is on the Gold River road, the section after the Buttle Lake Bridge, heading towards GR. I also like the huge sweepers in the Fraser Canyon near Lyton.:thumbup :thumbup

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
There are many-1.Lumby-Needles then onto Nakusp
-2.Nakusp-New Denver
-3.New Denver-Slocan
-4.Kaslo-Balfour
-5.Kootenay Bay-Creston(if there`s no traffic)
-6.Pemberton-Lillooet
-7.Silver Creek valley Rd(Salmon Arm)
-8.Westside Rd(west of Kelowna)
-9.Buttle Lk to Gold River
-10.Stave Lk loop
These are not necessarily in order or preference,and I`m sure I`ve missed a few...........ken.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I've done the Stave Lk loop once and I have to say that tha's my favourite so far. It's long without much traffic, and good visibilty

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fraser Canyon has been my favourite since my mom got too drunk and let me drive home from Prince George. At the time I was only 14. Since then I have always tried to get back to the road that changed my life. (Well a certain amount anyway) at least once in a while.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BC has some of the finest for sure...

1. Hwy 33 - Kelowna - Rock Creek
2. Bull River Loop - Cranbrook/FortSteele
3. Sea to Sky - early morning this one still rocks
4. Stave Lake
5. Kootenay Lake Loop - Nelson to Creston via Ferry

I'm curious about the Buttle Lake one, I'm from the island and went up there years ago camping, what's the road condition? I seem to remember it being totally small and in shitty condition. Can anyone provide more detail?

·
Registered
185 Posts
I believe it is still the number three highway but the road from Osoyoos to Grand Forks is a really nice ride. Got a bit of everythin, windy road through the hills, nice smooth corners on the flatland. My buddy and I just did it last week and it was awesome. Way better than just doing the Hope Princeton through Manning Park. Highly reccomend that road.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Revelstoke Dam Rd has got to be one of the best testing roads I'v ever been on 135km long and no cop's,Sherman pass is another great one ,but I'v been chased outta the states twice on that road.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: condition of GR road

The road has been upgraded in the last few years, sections of brand new smooth pavement and sections of older pavement but in good shape. They've gotten rid of some of the narrower sections and scarey corners. You should definitely try it (more than once) especially now since the new Island Hwy has been completed all the way from the ferry's to Campbell River.

·
On a soapbox
3,008 Posts
BladeRunner said:
BC has some of the finest for sure...

3. Sea to Sky - early morning this one still rocks
"Rocks" being the operative word. Very unforgiving both in terms of natural and man made hazards (SUV anybody?) Take care, not the place to test the limits of your tyres, but very picturesque.

The road between Princeton and Osoyoos is pretty damn fine. Riminds me of Wales UK, where I used to live.

·
Melodious
496 Posts
The highlands rock !

The road home from work!
My parents live over in Victoria and every visit includes riding the awesome twisties of the highlands. Must be the best super motard roads around. Used to rip them up on the KLR, now I've got a ZRX1200 to whip around, always trying to see around those one lane corners !!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey Brendan!

Did you know there is almost totally fresh pavement from "Millstream lake rd." to Durrance lake? It is a truly amazing piece of road.:thumbup

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
best road?

Grok,you keep raving about that road,when am I going to see you on it?...............ken.

·
Melodious
496 Posts
Did you know there is almost totally fresh pavement from "Millstream lake rd." to Durrance lake
Yep, I was over two weeks ago. Not many roads give you a physical workout like these ones. Gotta watch for oncoming vehicles though, the roads are narrow !
Hey, where do you get such good maps. Are they online ?

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Gold River road?

Although this road is excellent,be very careful if you ride it at night,the local deer use it as a meeting place:eek ...........ken.

·
Resident Banana
2,694 Posts
I dig the stave lake sylvestor area the most now. It close to home and easily travelled. The people in the area even pull over for ya. Other then that...lets go to the interior:D .

The sea to sky was fun but the amount of cages/cops and mach trippers (both bikes and cages) has really made it a slaying ground. I'd perfer to stay away from areas that have a tendancy of claiming lives on a regular basis.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts