Votes: 36 4.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 157 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what size helmet most people have.

When I went in to one of the shops to try on helmets, I found it odd that the large fit me really well, since I'm a pretty small guy. Thought I looked ridiculous with the helmet being so big compared to my lack of girth and height.

I then asked the guy if the large was the right size for me. His reply, "all asian guys have big heads" haha

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
XL - got a big noggin.....Trevor at BK had to order mine....oh the same of it....lol :D:D:D

·
Premium Member
7,666 Posts
So far I'm the only XS!

Actually, I fit a Small fairly well, but I like my helmets to fit TIGHT! So snug that I'm almost chewing onthe insides of my cheeks.

XS in both a Shoei and a Suomy.

·
Just Another Enthusiast
2,051 Posts
Hey Harps, it is nice to know another person with an XS! I was starting to wonder if I was the only one with a disproportionately small head--even my lacrosse helmet is an XXS. :)

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the worst is having medium like me cause they sell fastest...the "odd" sizes like xs xxs xxl etc. are always left over and the prices marked down...you guys get sweet deals on last years' helmets

·
glowing ghostie!
3,112 Posts
blazinr6 said:
the worst is having medium like me cause they sell fastest...the "odd" sizes like xs xxs xxl etc. are always left over and the prices marked down...you guys get sweet deals on last years' helmets
Ha ha, that's true!

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I find it depends on brand, anything from a M to XL

·
Registered
193 Posts
I'm actually in between a Medium and Large for the Aria Signet. The M fits well around the forehead but the cheeks were a bit tight. I went with a Large and the guy at Modern helped me place custom fit foam in the back and now it fits REALLY well.

·
Registered
332 Posts
i think i have a smaller head, but i fit in size large Arai quantum/f. I tried medium, but it feels like my head is in deep ocean with waterpressures that are so extreme, only particles, will be able to survive.

·
Veritas Aequitas
340 Posts
:spinsmile so where's the box for XXS?
barely any companies even MAKE 'em small enough for me!

... and it really reduces the selection!

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
blazinr6 said:
Us larger guys may get deals on helmets.. but have you ever tried buying size 16 boots?

You win some, you lose some..

Jim. :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Smal KBC VR-1 Euro

Small KBC VR-1 Euro. I'm 5'9 150 pounds just to give u an idea. Basically, whatever you feel is comfortable. If you ain't comfy, you won't feel good when u ride.

Raff

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Movin' this on over to "Gear".

Big tall WASP that takes a Large here. But not all brands fit my shape of head (that point dontcha know.... :D ). So far I only fit Shoie and HJC. Aria sits on two points and I havn't tried Suomi because the $ticker made me pass out before I could pick it off the shelf.......

1 - 20 of 157 Posts