BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Squidnator
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:coffee ello ello sonny here im looking for somebody with some experience (maybe stunting experience) to teach me how to wheelie (SAFELY) i could choose to be a squid and not wear my gear and try them and get hurt but thats stupid in my opinion so im looking for some body who can do wheelies on a 600 cc to show me how for a couple of hours so i can watch and learn and try cheers

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
They work better with two wheels on the ground lol lol , just practice and have fun but not to much lol lol , ride safe

·
Faster than u!
96 Posts
Ya, both wheels planted seems to be the safer way but have your fun at the same time!!

·
Mmm...beer
2,144 Posts
Just practice...at first you'll only be able to hold it up for about 1 sec, the more you practice the longer you'll be able to maintain it. Then you'll start bringing the front up higher. Be patient, it does take time. Just find a secluded spot to practice. One free of other cars, kids playing, etc...

·
Premium Member
7,666 Posts
Well, hello Sonny. Could I please introduce you to my friends, comma and period... , .

They are very pleased to meet you, and are hoping that the three of you can have a long and productive relationship together.

Also, Bill (of 5th Gear) has put on stunt schools for the last three years or so. Unfortunately with the loss of Boundary Bay, they have not been going on this year. However, there may be some (more experienced) stunters out there that wouldn't mind putting on a clinic for some of you new guys (for a fee). If this is something you're interested in, maybe start a thread in the Stunt Life forum to see if it's possible to get something like this organized.

·
banned user
6,255 Posts
comma, comma, comma, comma, comma chameleon. You come and goooooo, you come and gooo oh ohhh oh.

·
Premium Member
11,196 Posts
Sonny, I think you'll find that it's pretty much a given that if you want to learn to do more than little pickup wheelies of a foot or two that you'll go down a few times. This is why the stunt guys all have bikes that they don't worry about or install sliders, crash cages and other bits and pieces. And yeah, it's not a bad idea to also wear some decent riding gear or at least knee and elbow pads plus really good gloves while learning to balance it.

Also moved to Stunt Life where the wheelie guys hang more.

·
Blue Power Ranger
498 Posts
just curious, what r u riding?
Jeremy, where you been man?!? I haven't seen you out on a ride in a while.

Is that you in your avatar? Looks like you're progressing faster than me :rockon

Was at Olive Garden the other night, but people said you quit to work somewhere else?

·
Will wheelie 4 boobs!
950 Posts
Jeremy, where you been man?!? I haven't seen you out on a ride in a while.

Is that you in your avatar? Looks like you're progressing faster than me :rockon

Was at Olive Garden the other night, but people said you quit to work somewhere else?
ya I got a new job. I'm a manager at the Moxies on Robson, which requires me to work wednesday nights :( so if u guys r riding on other nights, lemme know cause I'd love to catch up. oh ya those r my wheelies. 2nd gear stand up and I can go all day long now :rockon

and if anyone wants to go on a wheelie ride, lemme know too, cause the only thing cooler than 1 bike doing wheelies is 2 side by side :rockon

·
Squidnator
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ello ello

i ride a 2000 gsxr 600 alstare

·
Woof?
1,011 Posts
ya I got a new job. I'm a manager at the Moxies on Robson, which requires me to work wednesday nights :( so if u guys r riding on other nights, lemme know cause I'd love to catch up. oh ya those r my wheelies. 2nd gear stand up and I can go all day long now :rockon

and if anyone wants to go on a wheelie ride, lemme know too, cause the only thing cooler than 1 bike doing wheelies is 2 side by side :rockon
im down hhehehe

·
Will wheelie 4 boobs!
950 Posts
yea you could power wheelie that no problem, but I say clutch it up, it's easier. just don't over do the power when u clutch it up, cause it'll come up fast. just start small and work your way up. Here's how I do it:

-start at around 40km/h in first gear accellerating just slightly
-simotaniously pull the clutch in just very slightly(about 1/2 to 1 centimeter) and give about 3/4 gas
-about 1/2 a second later when your rpms hit around 10 000 just let the clutch pop right out and your bike should lift.
-If u hear a loud chunk sound when your bike lifts that means your giving it too much clutch and it's hard on your tranny. you really only need a tiny bit of clutch and lots of gas.

don't try to hold it up on your first few tries cause you might flip it, just get used to it coming up. then eventually follow through and hold the gas on longer and longer.

this is just my personal method on doing wheelies, there might be a better way but it works just dandy 4 me. It does take a lot of practice, so don't get frusterated!

G

·
Im no expert, but it seems like the guys that are or claim to be are not posting so ill tell you what worked for me.

To power wheelie in first gear go to 6-7 thousand rpm than with your wrist give less gas a wait 1 or 1.5 seconds and give it about 2 times more gas than you did letting go of the throttle.

·
Squidnator
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ello ello

hey ok so yesterday i learned that my bike is capable of power wheelies i tried like 20 times and once while trying to pass a bunch of cars i gave it lots of gas and as i was going it lifted off the ground about a foot or so so i brought it down but now im convinced that my 600 cc bike can do power wheelies:D thanks to cam for the advice oh and i can legally ride at nite now and carry a passanger:coffee just got my N woohoo:coffee yeah my lincence expired before this season so yeah:coffee

·
The Comedy is in the Back
11,948 Posts
is that peven a pword? "simotaniously"

1 - 20 of 42 Posts