BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what's your take on that wheelie simulator at the bike show?
i tried it and failed. i'm not a stunt rider and have not attempted wheelies on my f650gs. i realize this is a "simulator" sitting on a dyno vs pavement (not to mention the huge rear sprocket) but is this machine like the real thing? thanks
http://www.balancepointxtc.com/main.htm

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Did you see the sign that said, "Kids, 1/2 price"?

·
GoPro Inspector
4,422 Posts
Its called 'Balance point' for a reason, it was built by professional stunt men and is probably the best simulator around. The fact that you failed just means you need more practice....it's not going to do the work for you like the other 'simulators'

·
I like traffic cones :S
15,773 Posts
it was a lot harder than i thought.

over writing 4 years of brain wiring takes more than 10 minutes.

·
Sedate hooligan
1,876 Posts
Tried it at mission last year. It's tough for sure, but for me, it was because I was trying to follow dudes instructions instead of just doing it. Wot and drop that clutch!

·
backslider
11,219 Posts
Ha - at first I thot this thread was titled "Wheelie sTimulator" ... so I thot it was about Starfucks coffee.

·
Registered
8,785 Posts
It's actually very accurate to pulling a real wheelie . If you want to learn how to pull a real wheelie it will teach you how .

If you want to pull an easy wheelie you can put a quarter in those rides outside the grocery stores

·
Tai-Pan
3,681 Posts
I was gonna try it but not for $20 for $10 I would have done it.
I imagine you really have to give it shit to get that little twin to make enough power to get the wheel up.

·
I like traffic cones :S
15,773 Posts
i think it was an efi zx6 of sorts.

did a search... found this

... lulz.

they help the guy up there :D and looks like the length of the rope is a bit too short.

the one at the show this year was a lot better. looked like cables didnt just max you out, but stopped at or slightly past 12 o'clock and were purely a safety device.

·
Registered
8,785 Posts
$20 is very expensive , in this day and age who can afford $20 to entertain themselves or others. For $20 I can buy a deck of cards , eat at the shelter , listen to a church sermon , make a honey and lemon hot water drink at Starbucks and have change left over that I can brag about to my friends.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts