BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok team, I know most of us are rippin around on the latest greatest, but we all had humble beginnings. Some troopers out there still embarrass Joe Rocket on his litrebike, whilst riding some sort of 80's legend firing only occasionally on all cylinders...So the question of interest here is,

what is the rattiest streetbike you have ever wheelied to its balance point?

And were you able to keep it up into second gear or beyond?

Let's hear it!

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
1976 Ladies Road King with hard luggage (okay not really hard luggage but fold out metal panniers. Then again I really suck at wheelies but this bike was my claim to fame. I would jump that thing down about 4 steps too and then ride up them. It also had 5 gears.

Does that count?

G

·
i dunno about rattiest but oldest would have to be an old rd350. the rz's are very easy to wheelie as well. i think my pops used to wheelie an early cb750.

·
ninja machinist
3,103 Posts
i dunno about rattiest but oldest would have to be an old rd350. the rz's are very easy to wheelie as well. i think my pops used to wheelie an early cb750.
Really? A cb750? My dad owns one, I've ridden it and there's no possible way that front wheel is leaving the ground. The bike weighs about 600+ pounds and has only about 45-50 hp.

G

·
Really? A cb750? My dad owns one, I've ridden it and there's no possible way that front wheel is leaving the ground. The bike weighs about 600+ pounds and has only about 45-50 hp.

oh c'mon wheelie masta. you should know that anything with 2 wheels can lift the front wheel. it was probably with me on the back only but i do know that he did wheelie the fucker. my mom once fell off the back of a harley when the guy popped the clutch and did a mini wheelie off the lights.

·
ninja machinist
3,103 Posts
oh c'mon wheelie masta. you should know that anything with 2 wheels can lift the front wheel. it was probably with me on the back only but i do know that he did wheelie the fucker. my mom once fell off the back of a harley when the guy popped the clutch and did a mini wheelie off the lights.
hmm, maybe it can with someone on the back. Maybe my dad's clutch just ain't up to it. :)

·
That new bike smell
2,863 Posts
1982 Yammy Seca 400. No brains, lotsa throttle, clutch, 19 years old, came up alright.

·
Registered
360 Posts
1983 Honda V45 Magna when I was 17-18 (I'm 35 now), could only make it about the width of an intersection in first gear but still thought I was cool. :rockon Fuck I had fun on that bike. Used to drop it every second weekend or so (forgot to put it in gear when parking on a hill, etc) and get air over a set of train tracks on 108th, etc, as well. HaHa good times the saying is true "ignorance is bliss".

·
Old Dirty Bastard
1,652 Posts
Kawasaki 500 2-stroke triple. Those things were very scary to ride--lots of horsepower with a narrow "all of a sudden" powerband and a shitty chasis

·
Registered
8,785 Posts
Wheelied , Ninja 250's , CB 750 , CB 650 , Cb 400 , Goldwings , Virago's , Maxums , Harley's all types, pretty much anything with 2 wheels and an engine.

ATV's any of them.

·
Registered
8,785 Posts
Your Dad has to learn to play poker better or stop betting your Mom.

·
Eh Muh Gawd Becky!!
6,648 Posts
late 60's Honda step through 90cc. used to jump it too till i got my YZ.

·
Registered
399 Posts
83 750 Shadow that a buddy had and I abused.
I had a buddy on the back and it felt like we were goin over, it was dark and I'll never forget the headlight lighting up the trees right above us.

·
it time snu-snu!!
245 Posts
silly question...is it possible( or how difficult ) to wheeli a fzr 400...mind you i am pretty heavy (200lb)...in terms of weight power ratio....

·
Eh Muh Gawd Becky!!
6,648 Posts
silly question...is it possible( or how difficult ) to wheeli a fzr 400...mind you i am pretty heavy (200lb)...in terms of weight power ratio....
very easy. mine wheelies no problem.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts