BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

When are you gonna put your bike on the raod ?

• February

Votes: 30 14.2%
  • March

Votes: 55 26.1%
  • April

Votes: 59 28.0%
  • May

Votes: 12 5.7%
  • You Cheap Bastard's .. I'm insured all freakin Year !

Votes: 55 26.1%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Excommunicated
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

The weather is getting better ..... I;m sure most people are itchin

So I;m asking when everyone is thinkin of putting there bikes back on the road ? :rockon

·
Excommunicated
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You lucky Bum... thanks for not rubbing it in ; )

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
weather is getting better? where do you live? All I see is rain, rain, rain. And then, more rain. Oh and windy and rainy too. But damn if it gets nice the plates are goin on.

·
Fast Pack Slow Guy
4,722 Posts
I insured too early last year and I got lots of corrosion on my fasteners for my troubles.

Just make sure the salt is well off the road before you slap plates on your shit. I'll try to resist temptation until March at the earliest.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I don't get my licence back till april... :(

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
flowrider said:
weather is getting better? where do you live? All I see is rain, rain, rain. And then, more rain. Oh and windy and rainy too. But damn if it gets nice the plates are goin on.
I think we have different weather patterns out here in the sticks.

Been lots of sun the last couple days, though I ride year round so every day is a good day to ride.:coffee

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
At home its really nice I saw guys riding its a lil sandy but dry and no snow.

I wont be insuring my bike this year as Im probably going back in april or may for the summer.... insurance is just way to much here. 2000 for 6 months!

·
Chomh gasta le splanc
101 Posts
No salt, not too much rain and hell it rains in summer too...soooo get out there. really it isn't that bad this year.

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
I used to ride year round, then massive mortgage debt forced a 9 month riding season with a mid Feb start date. However, this year wifey saw fit to give me insurance for Christmas so I've been riding and commuting since Dec 25. :)

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
never took insurance off!

·
Addicted to speed
237 Posts
I cant see waiting any more than a couple weeks to insure. We just recently came out 25 days straight of rain so the worst has gotta be over right?

C

·
0 Posts
I'm sure I'll crack after the first few solid days of sunshine in Feb.. hopefully we have 3 weeks of amazing summer-like weather in Feb like last year.

Oh and as soon as the guy above me gets his license.

·
wannabe poser
116 Posts
I live in the north so I'm aiming for a march date if it doesn't snow again, so far we havn't had much snow but I'm sure we'll get more in feb just to piss me off. I got my new shoei rf 1000 in the other day and I died a little inside because I couldn't really use it, ecept for the hour i spent running around the house with it on.
If I could take the bike out now I would but the roads have soo much gravel on them and dumping the bike this early in the year would wreck my day.. :)

·
Bitey things are niceless
342 Posts
Get out there and ride!!! I ride about 340 days a year, the rest are rainy weekends when my wife drives me around in the cage!! Yeah we get some rain in this part of the world, but when we get a good day, it's worth it to be out there. Ride all year round and quit your whining!!!

R

·
0 Posts
Insured all year around, I had to take the plates off in dec.though. Hopin' to have them back in feb. anyway.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Tattoodles said:
I insured too early last year and I got lots of corrosion on my fasteners for my troubles.

Just make sure the salt is well off the road before you slap plates on your shit. I'll try to resist temptation until March at the earliest.

salt?? its been pouring rain for the last month, no way theres any salt or anything on the road for that matter. itchy to get on fo sho...damn gotta ride da new r6

·
WMRC Past Prez three time
2,580 Posts
The Scooter (and I mean scooter!) is insured year round. It gets used a lot and a little rain and cold doesnt stop me. That said I do miss my Yamaha 81 RD 350LC though and I've been thinking I might do it up as a street ride (set-up as a racer with a bent crank right now..doh!) for this summer.

I really don't see why anyone would pull their plates in this city though. A few days every month are good enough for a quick blast and temp plating is a little expensive on a day to day plan. To each his own.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts