BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 10% discount right now and im just wondering when it will go down to 20% or whatever it goes down to next? would it be my birthday? which is march 31st..16 days after the rates go up :banghead i did search for about 15 mins on the subject but couldnt find anything

·
Gear whore
2,922 Posts
Every full year of driving you have under your belt only gets you another 5% right now. That is with no claims or accidents.

You can pick up a brochure at your autoplan dealer and it will outline the discounts you get up to roadstar.

S

·
0 Posts
coolio said:
Damn I miss that 10% a year. Stupid jackassess that can't drive!
Not to be a dink. But if your 10% is gone. Wouldn't that make you at least a 50% Jackass driver in ICBC's eyes?

And my answer is, IT NEVER FEELS LIKE IT GOES DOWN. I am going down to 20% in a few months. And what's my reward for the extra 5% I will be getting, and ICBC hike of 6.5% I LOVE B.C.!......

·
groundhog - wrong again!
173 Posts
icbc rate

Johnny_B said:
i have a 10% discount right now and im just wondering when it will go down to 20% or whatever it goes down to next? would it be my birthday? which is march 31st..16 days after the rates go up :banghead i did search for about 15 mins on the subject but couldnt find anything
John, it's not gonna make a big impact. only your basic insurance will go up 6.5%. so i pay about $1500 for annual insurance including comprehensive and the other extra option. so i would say my basic is $900 (assuming). 900 x 6.5% = $58.50 increase on March 15

1500 / 52 weeks = 28.80/week, which for two weeks is $57.60

so if you insure on march 31, day of ur b-day, you'll only lose .90cents (assuming everything is same as my example above). If i were you, i'd rather hold off until march 31, look at the snow outside and the weather forecast for next week (all rain), i think u'll easily make it to march 31. if u insure thinkin to save 6.5% and have it parked while it rains, u'll lose. hope this helps.

·
rain? whats that!
5,834 Posts
I have a $2000 vehicle (in great shape mind you) that I am paying $1100 a year to insure...and I have a perfect driving record :rolleyes

I could understand it if this was in Alberta and I was 21 years old with a few speeding tickets and the odd wreck......but BC? good god

·
n00b
137 Posts
You guys hafta realize we do live in a larger area with more accidents and more crime than places like alberta. My insurance here is still way cheaper than it was in toronto...and I have a perfect record too.

·
Gear Driven Cams
4,411 Posts
StagnantWaterPo said:
Not to be a dink. But if your 10% is gone. Wouldn't that make you at least a 50% Jackass driver in ICBC's eyes?
No, what he meant was that it used to go down 10% per year. As in, after four years of driving from getting your license, you had a 40% discount. That was back in the good ol' days.

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
I don't like to pay a lot for insurance as much as the other guy, but why bitch about it?
If you can't pay, then don't play. :rolleyes

·
mike was taken
530 Posts
are they counting years of having a license without accidents or years of having a vehicle insured under your name without accidents?

·
glowing ghostie!
3,112 Posts
mikeiscool said:
are they counting years of having a license without accidents or years of having a vehicle insured under your name without accidents?
I think it's the number of years you've had your license without an at-fault accident. Nothing to do with having vehicles insured in your name.

D

·
0 Posts
gti303 said:
You guys hafta realize we do live in a larger area with more accidents and more crime than places like alberta. My insurance here is still way cheaper than it was in toronto...and I have a perfect record too.
but your rate in toronto was calculated based on increased risk of theft or accident based on a larger population. ~3 million people in toronto to ~3 million people in bc.

there is a reason people living an hour outside of toronto pay pennies compared to someone living in downtown toronto. i always thought it was kinda messed, because those living in the burbs would be driving more, therefore at higher risk of a claim. insurance doesn't see it that way.

S

·
0 Posts
Spike said:
No, what he meant was that it used to go down 10% per year. As in, after four years of driving from getting your license, you had a 40% discount. That was back in the good ol' days.
I re-read, you're right. Can't blame me for assuming. It was coolio after all :laughing

1 - 20 of 32 Posts