BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
SuperStyling
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Days like today when it's like a storm outside. I couldn't even ride straight for a couple seconds. I felt like parking my bike and taking the bus home but luckily I was close to home and got home without a drop. :)

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
What the fuck is p2?

·
SuperStyling
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I never ride in p2 (position two) because it's riding right in the oil tracks.. not smart..
Not smart but it's better than being in any other positions when it's so windy. You literally get pushed from p2 to p1 and from p2 to p3 easily when riding in p2. Go out and give it a try. :)

·
West Koots, I'm here....
3,226 Posts
Perhaps, if the wind is coming at you from your right side, then you should ride in P3, that way when you get blown over it's to the middle of the lane. Conversely, when the wind is coming at you from the left, ride in P1.

The only time that you should be sorta riding the P2 is if there's huge ruts in P1 and P3 filled with rainwater that could make you hydroplane. Then, I only ride on the very edge of P2, away from the oil.

I give you credit for riding these days, my bike's put away now. Be careful, and you'll be OK.

·
Je ne suis pas Francais
3,398 Posts
P1, P2, P3 , that's sounds like newbie talk.

·
n00b
704 Posts
I remember during my training days to ride in position 2 during a heavy rain fall, after it has rained a bit, because the oils have actually been washed away. Compared to position 2, Position 1 and 3 are slightly recessed from car tires and are usually slightly pooled with water. Riding in position 2 would at least mean that you are not riding in standing water.

·
My Twitter: SH1FTG34R
1,891 Posts
p2 is out?!?

how much?!
i'm going to check out futureshop today

coolio come to my house, and bring your own joystick
Great, now we got you recruiting the bcsb noobs and you guys are hanging out together, why don't you invite ralphael to your little clique aswell :p

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
Speaking of joysticks, I was cleaning out the basement the other day, and came across the original NES Advantage. It was awesome.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
try riding in the wind down to tsswasswen ferry terminal. it's really really bad with the wind blowing super hard.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.