BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a new bike yesterday and wonder if anyone knows where I can practice. any good parking lot? i live in kitsilano. let me know!

·
West Koots, I'm here....
3,226 Posts
What kind of m/c licence do you have? If you can make your way to UBC on your own (without a supervisor) then there's lots of parking lots out there.

·
Dr Tung
558 Posts
congrats on the new bike bro...I learnt by cruising slowly through my neighbourhood. If you can find a nice sub-division that way you can practice traffic and pedestrian safety at a below 50kmh speed level...jMo

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
high school, public school, bcit, shopping mall after hours... down at the beach since the parking lots would be empty................

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for info everyone!

btw, i'm sis. not bro... and you are welcome to join me for practice!

CBR JOCKEY said:
congrats on the new bike bro...I learnt by cruising slowly through my neighbourhood. If you can find a nice sub-division that way you can practice traffic and pedestrian safety at a below 50kmh speed level...jMo

·
Formerly kanelupis
5,252 Posts
In anycase - back to the topic on hand

there is a LARGE VACANT (most of the time) parking lot out between Science World and the Tinsel town area. The place is viewable from the skytrain between Staduim and Main Street.

Huge and usually vacant. Me and the guys were out there this afternoon just to meet up and get some pics - but there was a guy who was out there practicing doing wheelies! yup, there's just that much space there.

Might be takin the group project bike Yamaha Special 400 out there for some trial runs.

(don't forget the sidewalk chalk)

·
Ridin hard n dirty
4,080 Posts
if you are by Kits...go down the road to Spanish banks area....heaps of big long parking lots...and not many people there...when you feel comfortable go into the UBC area and ride around there...lots of nice quiet streets....good luck ...be safe....post up for a riding buddy ...there are lots of nice people here that would help you...well... not a lot now but in a month everyone will be insured....even I would go for a spin with you once i get another bike...

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm M, and got CBR929. some pointers would be appreciated. btw, buddy is my golden retriever!

888 said:
So what is your name and what kind of bike did you buy?

·
Registered
442 Posts
Wow! CBR929 Nice bike sister.
I know they still make the CBR600F4i, CBR600RR, VFR800, 919
CBR1000RR, RC51 & VTR1000.
Shouldn' the CBR929 be a used bike?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thank you! it's 2001. i love my bike but who needs this much power? i guess NOBODY!!! i better practice a lot at parking lot...

888 said:
Wow! CBR929 Nice bike sister.
I know they still make the CBR600F4i, CBR600RR, VFR800, 919
CBR1000RR, RC51 & VTR1000.
Shouldn' the CBR929 be a used bike?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i saw some of your pictures racing in a course. what and where is it? i'm so interested.

Mighty Kentor said:
Get thy behind to a riding course forthwith.

·
Unregistered User
2,769 Posts
From Kits, the UBC parking lots are your best bet outside of school hours.

When the weather warms up a bit you might also try near the top of Cypress Mountain, as the hill flattens out near the top (13 km up). To your left there are some pretty vast barren expanses of overflow parking area that you can play in.

The Expo / Science World site already mentioned is not bad, but you'll typically be heated out after about 16.5 minutes.

Also, anywhere where there's a Box-Mart type shopping centre. I understand Vancouver poo-pooh's those types of developments, so you'll have to go to the (gasp!) suburbs.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts