BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Just Another Enthusiast
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that there are a lot of students here, and was wondering where you all go.

I have been splitting my time between Kwantlen in Surrey and UBC for the last year, although this will be it for Kwantlen. I would love to stay longer, it is SO close, but I am running out of courses. I never see bikes at Kwantlen much, and UBC is so big that it is harder to see them all.

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
vrecksler said:
I noticed that there are a lot of students here, and was wondering where you all go.

I have been splitting my time between Kwantlen in Surrey and UBC for the last year, although this will be it for Kwantlen. I would love to stay longer, it is SO close, but I am running out of courses. I never see bikes at Kwantlen much, and UBC is so big that it is harder to see them all.
CDIS out in burnaby, off Canada Way and Beta Ave. right across the street from BCIT.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
It ain't a biggie, but I go to Semiahmoo Secondary on Tuesday nights for a German class. I figure if they actually win a war, it will come in handy.:D

·
resident monkey boy
806 Posts
Kwantlen surrey

·
Registered
227 Posts
vrecksler said:

i go to the Kwantlen Richmond campus myself...
during late spring n early fall... there are a couple rides at the richmond campus....
i believe i've seen a blue gixxer600 and an RC51 on campus already....

·
Just Another Enthusiast
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thr1,

When are you insuring? Right now I only see an older Kawi 750 and some scooter that park near the dumpster by the art/lab wing.

mospeed1,

I took one class in Richmond last summer and saw a few, mostly parked underneath though. I am tired of the parking lot nazi's and am looking forward to free parking soon. :)

bl1tz and cdnav8r, where do you park? Do you just ride up to the building? Last summer I had a math class in the Buchanan building (D) and an APSC class in the Emech building and noticed a couple people rode their motorbikes and parked them right beside the bike racks alongside ten speeds and mountain bikes! Is this allowed? I hate parking at UBC, but would not want to insure the bike and park outside class and have them tow me.

·
Slowpoke
65 Posts
vrecksler said:
bl1tz and cdnav8r, where do you park? Do you just ride up to the building? Last summer I had a math class in the Buchanan building (D) and an APSC class in the Emech building and noticed a couple people rode their motorbikes and parked them right beside the bike racks alongside ten speeds and mountain bikes! Is this allowed? I hate parking at UBC, but would not want to insure the bike and park outside class and have them tow me.
unfortunately i sold my bike to help pay for my truck, but i did ride up to the building with my YSR80 (please hold the laughter :D) when i had it.

I park my truck down in the "fruit loop" on the other side of marine behind totem. I park inside the Pacific Spirit Park which is also the old SW marine I believe.

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
langara, baby..
soon to be ubc..

any of you guys ride a blue/white gixxer 600?
or a redwhite F4?
or a red katana?

hehe..
post secondary education must die

·
[Oo=vw=oO]
761 Posts
So many students... :) how do you afford your bikes and insurance and probably car and insurance too? :rolleyes

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
GTI said:
So many students... :) how do you afford your bikes and insurance and probably car and insurance too? :rolleyes
... barely :laughing

cheap old car
+
cheap old bike
=
small insuarance

better that than nothing

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
GTI said:
dont own a car.

the Bike is my only form of transportation. I have a part-time job which pays for the bike and insurance.

·
Just Another Enthusiast
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
cdnav8r, THAT is where I park too! I hate having to wait for the park people to open the gates in the morning (for early classes) but it is free and it is just a short walk.

I do not know how some people do it, but the ONLY reason I can afford one is ICBC. A guy ran a red light and nearly killed me (he DID kill my bike :() in 99, and when I got my settlement a couple of months ago I bought another one. Otherwise I would only have the old, rusty truck. :)

·
moving pylon
1,428 Posts
i park the bike right beside the bike racks in buchanan. i think i'll get a parkade past this season, only 10bucks/month. There's free bike parking but that's by the museum on anthropology and that's one long walk.

i don't think you have to worry about them towing you at buch cause the tow trucks can't even fit between those spaces.

where do you guys park your bikes at lagara?

·
Slowpoke
65 Posts
vrecksler said:
cdnav8r, THAT is where I park too! I hate having to wait for the park people to open the gates in the morning (for early classes) but it is free and it is just a short walk.
What did you drive there? I don't park there anymore cause I'm just finishing my thesis at home now. I couldn't afford the $3.25 or $3.50 per day to park in B-Lot or the huge price for the parkade, so I used to just park down there.

B

·
0 Posts
I'm taking time off from UBC right now, but if/when i go back, I'll proably park right up by whatever building i'm going to at the time. I don't think they will tow. Just park where they can't get at it-in the bicycle areas and stuff. The bike racks at the buchanon towers is a great place 'cause the towtrucks can't fit there (if I remember correctly).

·
resident monkey boy
806 Posts
some guy at my school use to chain his Duc to the bike rack by the main building but that was only after about 5pm when it was dead on campus

1 - 20 of 23 Posts