BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
F

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that Daytona and Intl Motorcycles are gone, where should I get my gear from? A lot of the stores carry very few items, and the ones they do carry are super expensive. Are there any good canadian websites to get things from (hellmets, jackets, oil filters, blah blah)?

Oh and my name is Amit, I live downtown and I have a 2000 R1 (blue of course, cause the red one's slower :D ) with 33k on it. It was the first 2000 model R1 in BC :). No accidents, never dropped. The only mod I got to it is a full Akra system.
 
F

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Err...correction. It was dropped once, but not by me. Some (@*&(@ idiot tipped my bike over and it took over a month for the parts to come from Japan. Also I haven't put my bike back on the road yet cause Vancouver weather is too unpredictible right now, and I'd like more than 1-2 days of good weather per week before I unleash my beast :)
 

·
Wear proper gear pls ;)
Joined
·
1,822 Posts
AMIT was my first riding buddy ever.

To those of you that know me, Amit was my first riding buddy once I started riding three years ago, back on the F3. Haven't been riding with him at all on my R6 or R1.

Anyhow Amit, in answer to your question. Pacific Yamaha is newly renovated, you should check them out. The upstairs is all accessories now and the bottom floor is all bikes. As far as I am concerned, they have the best selection and prices.

Plus there's Bike Barn 1/2 hour south of Seattle. I've never been there, but thats my next destination for new gear.
 
B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
where is that store exactly? i might make it a stop on the way to Cali in two weeks. do they have a website?
 
J

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if your looking for accesories then burnaby kawasaki is the place to go, they have a good selection of everything. Go there and you wont be dissapointed.
 
D

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
north shore suzuki yamaha. ask for ben. he knows his stuff and doesn't sugar coat anything. i got a great price on a two piece technic chicane suit.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,666 Posts
Jamie A said:
if your looking for accesories then burnaby kawasaki is the place to go, they have a good selection of everything. Go there and you wont be dissapointed.
Yup.

Richmond Motorsports isn't bad either...asides from their service (Rob!) and prices...well, maybe that means they are bad. Good selection though.
 
B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:flip welcome:flip

first off, welcome to the site

secondly, it seems the concensus on this site is to buy gear online...never done it myself...i ususally buy from RMS...i get ripped off but at least they have what i want:(
 

·
Resident Banana
Joined
·
2,694 Posts
Harps said:


Yup.

Richmond Motorsports isn't bad either...asides from their service (Rob!) and prices...well, maybe that means they are bad. Good selection though.
Have to agree...overpriced and I'm not to keen on their service dept.

I'd have to say if your looking locally, Carter, BK, Modern, Motorcycle World are tops on my list. I really haven't dealt with many others because I've never needed too. Talk to bugs....he's a Carter guy:) .


BTW: :flip WELCOME:flip ...to the board.

atom
 
P

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome to the wheelie master!

read the first 3 posts in this thread b4 reading this one.

Sniff...sniff...Amit I'm SOOO HAPPY YOU'RE HERE FINALLY!!! :) I can just feel the 3 way love between yourself, myself and R1 girl! (Bieu, I don't count you because I'm still bitter about you having a newer bike than mine...). :( So when are we finally go for that group R1 ride!?! Oh yeah, I forgot, I've been "incapacitated" for the last 9 months!

So let me educate the masses on the R1 Powerhouse to be this summer...

Amit...says he can pull "wheelies" but alls I've ever seen him do was pop the front end so poorly my Grandmother could have done better!! Come on man, let's see you loft that puppy into the AIR!

Jody...ah, what can we say about Jody except that she has fine taste in motorcycles! (A little like myself actually as we've both gone through blue R6s on our way towards blue R1s.

and myself? well, unfortunately, my balls are much larger than my brain...

and Bieu, well, Bieu's a non-conformist as he bought a SILVER R1 when all sensible people would buy a BLUE one. Tisk, tisk.

Cheers folks! :rider
 
F

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
doug said:
north shore suzuki yamaha. ask for ben. he knows his stuff and doesn't sugar coat anything. i got a great price on a two piece technic chicane suit.
I have to agree with Doug. Ben at North Shore knows his stuff (and the boy can ride-ask him how to do wheelies). Unfortunately, North Shore doesn't have a lot of selection.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,666 Posts
Flag R6 said:
I have to agree with Doug. Ben at North Shore knows his stuff (and the boy can ride-ask him how to do wheelies). Unfortunately, North Shore doesn't have a lot of selection.
Yeah, Ben's great. He really does know his stuff, and he's always straight up. I live right near NS Suzuki, so I used to go there all the time when I was first getting into riding.

But have you guys ever had the misfortune of dealing with Frank!?! I think that's his name...the older white guy with a moustache. What a jerk...even though that place is walking distance from my house (literally, I pushed my bike there once) I won't go back if it means giving my money to that guy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,209 Posts
Welcome to the board...:flip :flip


since you are riding a yami. I would definitely take a look at Western Powersports in Langley....just got back from there, was browsing after Manny got ome parts from Holeshot, they have some nice dedicated Yami Jackets and stuff.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
725 Posts
if you are going to the states stop of at skagit powersports, they have a good selection including stuff you wont see up here

i actually buy alot from the net (reliable stores of course)
 
G

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Frank from North Shore's a good sh*t. You just have to warm up to him and he'll cut you some good deals. I agree that North Shore doesn't have a lot of selection, but they can get most things. But that's only if you know what you want. Best selection hands down is RMS, but as everyone knows you better be ready to pay the price. Someone has to pay for their overhead.

If you can avoid it though, try to buy your stuff from the US. Even with the exchange rate, most things are cheaper and the selection is larger. But make sure you know what you're looking for and try on lots of sizes before you make up your mind. Otherwise it could be an expensive lesson.

:laughing
 
D

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Harps said:


Yeah, Ben's great. He really does know his stuff, and he's always straight up. I live right near NS Suzuki, so I used to go there all the time when I was first getting into riding.

But have you guys ever had the misfortune of dealing with Frank!?! I think that's his name...the older white guy with a moustache. What a jerk...even though that place is walking distance from my house (literally, I pushed my bike there once) I won't go back if it means giving my money to that guy.
frank just does sales. i got lucky as my uncle was general sales manager for both yamaha and suzuki canada. frank and my uncle go way back, so its easy for me to walk in there. not saying that i get special treatment, but if you just head up to see ben and bypass frank you will do fine. talk some racing, admire some of the stuff they do have, say how much you hate joe rocket and teknic kicks major ass and ben will bend over backwards for you. he's a good guy that practically has me wanting to race in portland. i think he'll have to convince me with a sweet tuneup though :D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,666 Posts
doug said:


frank just does sales. i got lucky as my uncle was general sales manager for both yamaha and suzuki canada. frank and my uncle go way back, so its easy for me to walk in there. not saying that i get special treatment, but if you just head up to see ben and bypass frank you will do fine. talk some racing, admire some of the stuff they do have, say how much you hate joe rocket and teknic kicks major ass and ben will bend over backwards for you. he's a good guy that practically has me wanting to race in portland. i think he'll have to convince me with a sweet tuneup though :D
Oh yeah, I know...like I said, Ben's great. He's always aware of what I've got in my "fleet" (so he says). I drive by there like twice a day at least, in order to get to the bridge...and I usually get a friendly wave if I'm on my bike. But whenever I have to deal with Frank...he just gets me piping mad. :mad Even though he's nicer now, I always remember when I was new to the sport and used to take my beat up old gixxer in there for service. Always a complete asshole.

About RMS...do you guys remember what it was like before they ever opened? How long has RMS been around for? I was talking to some people that have been riding for a lot longer than me, and they all said that since RMS opened it has forced everyone else to drive down there prices to more "normal" levels. So even though they are pricey...it has forced some more competition, driving down everyone elses prices. Can anyone (a veteran) back me up on this? Or am I way off base?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,768 Posts
You know living in the interior isn't that bad?
I'v checked the prices down at the coast,and I find I get a better deal here,evin though my buddy is the manager of Pacific Yamaha,the prices are still better up here in most cases?

Fortunatly for me I'm sponsored by Parts Canada and get my stuff at cost eg:k&n filter $38 power commander lllr $313.00
just can't imagine paying full pop for these items.

I might just get a dealership for accessories in the near future,just to get you guy's a deal that NO dealership can touch!
I guess if you have a big shiny shop with a big shiny morguage on it..........someone has to pay for it? YOU!

but till then,I still support the local dealers,and if anyone is wondering about pricing in the interior try these dealers

Kelowna Yamaha 769-1013
Valley Motosport (kaw,Suzi) 769-3313
can't hurt.....can it?
 
D

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Re: Welcome to the wheelie master!

Can I join the R1 Powerhouse family??? I ride a 98 SILVER R1 (I'm with ya Bieu)



PorscheNut said:
So when are we finally go for that group R1 ride!?! Oh yeah, I forgot, I've been "incapacitated" for the last 9 months!

So let me educate the masses on the R1 Powerhouse to be this summer...

...and Bieu, well, Bieu's a non-conformist as he bought a SILVER R1 when all sensible people would buy a BLUE one. Tisk, tisk.

 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top