BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty sure I want to buy a Hindle full system for my F4. I understand most of the local shops are dealers; any ideas who's best to deal with (and cheapest)? Or are there sources online I should consider? Also, does anyone have any experience with Hindle? I've never seen their products firsthand, but they seem to have the best bang-for-the-buck factor from what i've read. Thanks,
Chris.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
They make one of the best systems in my opinion and there quality and finish is outstanding. Definately a good bang for the buck. Check out carter motorsports cause I remember them having them advertised a while back for a good price. ;)

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Richmond Motorsports has a contact at the Hindle factory and they ship direct to RMS. I think Hindle makes an excellent product, but is it the best pipe for a Honda? From what I've read, Hindle are more suited to Kwaks, and for Honda, I would look into Jardine or if you can afford it: Erion.

·
resident monkey boy
806 Posts
hope you like your bike loud, they are a excellent pipe but like Loyd said look at Jardine and Erion first

·
Just Another Enthusiast
2,051 Posts
Well, I know a guy who was selling full systems for the 929 for $735 Cdn shipped. About 15-20 guys bought a system a month and a half ago over on our Fireblade board. Not sure what it would cost for different bikes or anything, but feel free to email Dan Kyle at [email protected]

·
Registered
465 Posts
I was thinking the same thing .. If I were to buy an exhuast I would want a company that spends R&D money into the parts it offers? As for Hindle .. the Canadian Superbike Honda RC51 had a Hindle system on it!!! ???? I hear the quality is good and the pipes are loud.

Hu99 said:
Richmond Motorsports has a contact at the Hindle factory and they ship direct to RMS. I think Hindle makes an excellent product, but is it the best pipe for a Honda? From what I've read, Hindle are more suited to Kwaks, and for Honda, I would look into Jardine or if you can afford it: Erion.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Please excuse my newbie ignorance - how is one exhaust manufacturer more suited for a particular bike brand (ie. Hindle for Kawi)? This business of picking pipes is tough - so much seems to ride on one's subjective opinion of sound and appearance.
Here are my basic parameters if anyone else has any more suggestions:

1. Full system
2. Hi mount retaining passenger peg
3. Carbon canister (I know these have disadvantages)
4. Nice sound that won't be obnoxious or make my ears bleed (subjective I know)
5. Lower price is better but i'm not really familiar with the price range of full systems

Thanks,
Chris.

·
Just Another Enthusiast
2,051 Posts
I think you just described a Hindle system. They meet all of your requirements, and I believe they are Canadian to boot! :)

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
I'm not sure how this pipe company to bike brand thing got going either. It's obvious that some specific pipes will work better on certain models of bikes but I've seen enough charts from the mags to question the Muzzy for Kawasaki or Yosh for Suzuki rule of thumb.

From what I've heard (oooo, a pun :D ) Hindle's are all loud. Even their Stealth model is as noisy as some other brand's race model. Too bad because they are usually nice looking pieces of work.

The RS3 model of Yosh was reported to me by BK to be one of the quietest systems on the market, "almost legal" they said with a straight face :laughing From what I've heard just from running mine up in the back alley I agree with them. But the RS3 is discontinued :( Did they keep the same sound level with their new Tri can design? Who knows.......

Too bad the Yosh's all come with a freakin' humoungous label on the side of the can.......

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
BMatthews said:

Too bad the Yosh's all come with a freakin' humoungous label on the side of the can.......
I love that label! It's so....Japanese. Even if they aren't.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
tetman said:

Here are my basic parameters if anyone else has any more suggestions:

1. Full system
2. Hi mount retaining passenger peg
3. Carbon canister (I know these have disadvantages)
4. Nice sound that won't be obnoxious or make my ears bleed (subjective I know)
5. Lower price is better but i'm not really familiar with the price range of full systems
Some pipes just work better than others with different engine configurations. For example, the Akrapovic exhaust has proven to be a top performer for Yamaha R1's and R6's and is the exhaust of choice if your looking for performance.

For what your looking for, I would take a look at LeoVinci's pipes, they (from what I've read) are very high quality and make a nice high mount and sound very good without being overly loud. If you want a little louder then I would suggest looking at Micron. Both of these pipes are currently unavailable in Canada so you'd have to mail order them.

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Hu99 said:

I love that label! It's so....Japanese. Even if they aren't.
Great, I'll peel it off and bring it to the dinner tonight. We can screw it you your new helmet......... You know, the pi......... er, I mean Monza red one.............

:D :flip :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts