BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey ppls

Just wondering where to get tires other than the usual bike shops. ie. BK, Rmd Motorsports or Imperial??...... I was talking to a guy and he said that there was a tire shop that sells mainly automobile tires but also sells bike tires.

Anyone know anything about this??

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
go to the dealer you go to the most...I was able to buy mine at one of BK's customer apprec. nights, got a 205 rear and a 207 front for $400 still haven't put them on, I just purchased them as I know I will need them by June....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i think that deal is still on.

thanks man.

i was just wondering cuz i was talking to the local "neighborhood middle aged bike guy" hahaha... and he said that you can grap tires for a bit cheaper at ACTUAL tire shops, itll be a lot cheaper than bike shops for the obvious reasons.... but the guy moved out a couple months ago and i forgot to ask him for the shop's name.

DAMMIT!!!!:confused

·
Registered
725 Posts
how about try the internet, even with our horrible dollar it still can work out cheaper, here is a site

http://www.discountmotorcycletire.com/

for a set of 207s heres the cost:

D207ZR 120/60ZR17 Front $84.0
D207ZR 180/55ZR17 Rear $109.0

Total 200usd
FX at 1.6 360CDN it may be cheaper depending on the shipping charges, sometimes you can work out a deal on shipping and/or cheaper prices, especially when they have closeouts

check out this site, they have closeouts on metzelers and some other brands i think

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
I would try to find out more info. on the closeouts and "specials" tires, unless you are going to use the tires up in the summer it's fine but if you don't ride that much, those "older" tires you bought at a discount might get really "wooden" and can get dangerous in the rain or heavy use....

·
Registered
842 Posts
I've bought tires through US mail order before and they were fine. They were not old stock or 2nds. I had them sent to a PO box in Blaine where I picked them up. Cost me $10 US for the box rental and at the time Customs wasn't collecting PST, so it was just 7% GST. that's when the loonie was worth around 70 cents US.

If you don't want to go through the hassle of the border, try ITC in Langley 604-514-9779 ask for Eric. Unfortunatly, he doesn't do installation.

5th Gear in White Rock. Ask for Bill. I believe he has some good deals on Michellin Pilot Sports right now.

·
Registered
842 Posts
International Tire Consultants. The bike shops are none to happy with him selling bike tires. He also sells truck, car and tires for vintage stuff.

Tell him Bill with the Trackmasters sent you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts