BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Ride Solo
4,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure that many of you have a favourite place to eat in the smaller towns you pass through on your rides. I'm not talking fast food here--I'm thinking about the local "greasy spoon", a hole-in-the-wall bakery, or some funky little cafe.

Please post some recommendations for good, cheap food. Recommend particular menu items if you can.

I'll start:

Establishment: The Tree House restaurant.

It's on the main street in Kaslo (trust me, it won't be hard to find). Great meals, reasonable prices, and tasty pies for dessert. Oh yeah, great roads all around.

G

·
If you have to go through Agassiz or you are in Harrison check out Silvanos in Agassiz good food and good prices.

·
Premium Member
2,633 Posts
Establishment: ******'s

Its kinda hard to find, but its on the main street downtown (the only main street in chamainus, lol) and he makes the best buritios you have ever had. Make use to grab double the napkins!

G

·
Pemberton- Pamelas Cook Shack.Its past the Petrocan on the way to the Darc`y turnoff(about halfway) on the left.Me and Brada ate there last year,good food,reasonable prices.

·
The Wizard
2,743 Posts
Port Alberni - J&L Drive In. The best damn burgers EVER

Whiskey Creek, on the way to Tofino/Port Alberni just past parksville - Stop at the Whiskey Creek Save On Gas - The best damn Ice Cream in the World!

The single scoop is bigger than a Baskin Robins Triple, plus a Waffle Cone is only $2.35!!

Be careful though, it's hard to lean in to the corners with a cone on the go. Plus you get ice cream on your visor.

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
Harrison Pizza in Harrison Hot Springs. Bar none, best pizza I've ever had in my entire life. I know Dekman and Angel Girl will back me up! :thumbup

Wayyyyy up there in Burns Lake, the Lakeland Hotel cooks up a mean plate of ham, hash and eggs that will keep you fuelled for a few thousand Ks. :D

·
Scotsman
23 Posts
Rock Creek - Gold Pan Cafe - coffee and cherry pie with ice cream.
At southerly terminus of Hwy.33, at Hwy.3

After riding either Hwy 33 or 3, two of the great DH routes east of the Okanagan, this highway cafe is great.

Very cheap pricing and also great burgers. Forget about health food though!!

G

·
Place: The Home Restaurant (next to Chevron on the left on your way back out of Hope)

Damn big breakfasts & lunches. Come to think of it - damn big everything.

You end up eating so much it hurts to get back on your bike.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Now THIS is a great post!!

I'll keep an eye on this one for a while and hopefully enjoy some great eating establishments.

My thoughts:

Chemainus - Willow Street Cafe. The best lunches, fabulous deck, lunch price range $5.95 - $8.95.

Mill Bay - Serious Coffee. Stop in and enjoy a warm brioche and dark java for the road (rated one of the best cups of coffee on the island). They make a great roasted pepper soup and panini sandwhiches - again all less than $5.95.

Cobble Hill - Cafe des Artistes. Just off the highway in the shopping complex than houses Country Grocer. The BEST breakfasts. Nothing more than $5.95 and you will walk away full.

Duncan - Just Jakes Cafe. Downtown. Good food, great atmosphere. Great prices for lunch and dinner.

Just my thoughts for the small section of the world I live in.

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
Location- Salmon Arm.

Establishments. PJ's rest. REEEALY good smorgs. 10bucks.
Located on TCH. 2nd set of lights comin in from
the west. (van to calg direction)

The Home rest. Great burgers. Huge portions.
Located on hill East side of salmon arm, across
highway from timhortons. Mcdonald's in close
Proximity. ;)

Jade Palace. Wicked chinese food. smorg with
seafood. (yum!) 3rd set of lights. one set after
PJ's.

Sorrento. Toby's. Can't miss it...sorrento's such a little
futtbuck of a town.

Home restaurant. Can't miss that either.
Did i mention sorrento's a little futtbuck of a
town?

·
Premium Member
2,633 Posts
jericho said:
Chemainus - Willow Street Cafe. The best lunches, fabulous deck, lunch price range $5.95 - $8.95.
Gringos is across the street. I second Willow Street Cafe, excelent food, cheap. :D

G

·
SpideRider said:
Harrison Pizza in Harrison Hot Springs. Bar none, best pizza I've ever had in my entire life. I know Dekman and Angel Girl will back me up! :thumbup

Wayyyyy up there in Burns Lake, the Lakeland Hotel cooks up a mean plate of ham, hash and eggs that will keep you fuelled for a few thousand Ks. :D
Definately, give it up for Harrison pizza its the shizzle for ma nizzle.

·
Deer magnet
1,275 Posts
Anyone mention the Flying Swan yet? Apart from the night events (Motorcycle Monday) they serve a great breafast & lunch. Read a bike mag while your there too. Located at 4th & Burrard. The Big Busa Wrap is one of my favourites .... mmmmm....

I also like the big log cabin pub on the right while entering Harrison. Food and ambiance are nice, and not too pricey. (I'll have to try that pizza place though).

There's another nice log cabin place around the Mission backroads. I can't remember the name though. (Wayne/Eddie?)

·
Formerly FURY
2,731 Posts
gspinckney said:
Establishment: The Tree House restaurant.
It's on the main street in Kaslo (trust me, it won't be hard to find). Great meals, reasonable prices, and tasty pies for dessert. Oh yeah, great roads all around.
Is that the one that sits at the T intersection? Patio out front? Good wholesome fresh food? If so, it's great. That would have been my first pick.

Prince George: The Camelot. cheap, filling, wholesome.

Victoria: Pagliacci's. best bread before awesome pasta.

Port Alberni: The Clam Bucket, pricey, but lots of food.

Those are a few that come to mind.
Great thread BTW!

·
Ride Solo
4,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: Re: Where to eat? (riding in BC)

Fury said:
Is that the one that sits at the T intersection? Patio out front? Good wholesome fresh food? If so, it's great. That would have been my first pick.
No, but the place your thinking of is great--just a little more expensive, though. I think it's called the Wild Rose Cafe(?)

·
Formerly FURY
2,731 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Where to eat? (riding in BC)

gspinckney said:
No, but the place your thinking of is great--just a little more expensive, though. I think it's called the Wild Rose Cafe(?)
I forget the names of place darn it. But when I roll into a town, I always know where to go back to if it's good.

·
Ride Solo
4,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Establishment: K Cafe

I haven't been in for some time, but I have good memories of this place. The K burger platter (bacon cheese burger, fries, and salad) was less than 6 bucks. Home made peach pie with ice cream was ~3bucks. I've heard good things about the soup, but I've never tried it.

·
Formerly FURY
2,731 Posts
OK, not in BC but great if you are goin to Spokane or in Washington state.

A restaurant call Homestead in Cle Elum. Really good BBQ and 21 flavours of milk shakes.

1 - 20 of 127 Posts