BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
SuperStyling
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to get some fresh durian tomorrow.

Where can I get some fresh ones? They seem pretty hard to find.

Thanks

·
Beer League Racer/Asshole
5,206 Posts
All durian is frozen to stop the smell. If you really want fresh, you'll have to go to Malaysia.

·
5,206 Posts
CoolDaddyGroove is a durian farmer , PM him.
He only does that to hide the bodies and then blame the smell on the fruit!

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
I had no idea what durian was, after googling it, I wonder what the allure is. Smells like foot rot and tastes great?

Sounds about a appetizing as moldy cheese, I need to try it.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Never tried it myself either, as far as I know. All I know about it is that it has an interesting smell and that it is a pain to crack open.

·
From N00bie to Wannabe
4,839 Posts
As I've never heard of this rotten sock delicacy and don't wish to blindly experiment: is there a restaurant that serves it the way it should be prepared?

·
5,206 Posts
It's just fresh fruit Bill. It's not cooked. It smells gross, but if you get past that, it tastes quite nice. The smell does put many people off though. Kind of like a cross between rotting flesh and stinky cheese.

·
From N00bie to Wannabe
4,839 Posts
It's just fresh fruit Bill. It's not cooked. It smells gross, but if you get past that, it tastes quite nice. The smell does put many people off though. Kind of like a cross between rotting flesh and stinky cheese.
Thanks Dean. I'm Norwegian; we have a few stinky poo delights ourselves so I can't plug my nose with distain! Lutafisk anyone? ;)

How do you tell when durian is ripe? ...never mind; I'm guessing it's pretty obvious! Lol!

·
From N00bie to Wannabe
4,839 Posts
there is a dessert version in most dim sum places
Thanks!
Lol! I've probably had it and liked it! From a young age I was given the sage advice never to ask what is in dim sum! Just eat it and enjoy! :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts