BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Member of BCSBTUA
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a new Honda FIT. Need to tint the windows, any recommendations?

·
Registered
841 Posts
I got my car tinted in Surrey on King George Highway near Daytona Yamaha. They guarantee against peeling and chipping for 3 years.

I'll have to find the name if you are interested.

·
Boomdeyada!
290 Posts
Or you can go to street legal tint and detail thats the one on king george by the old daytona motorcycle. Ask for Renee and tell him Adrian sent you!

·
Fast Pack Slow Guy
4,722 Posts
Just don't tint your front driver and passenger windows. I know it looks cool but it's more of a heat score than smoking a 12" reefer out your window.

·
Registered Abuser
2,051 Posts
Tattoodles said:
Just don't tint your front driver and passenger windows. I know it looks cool but it's more of a heat score than smoking a 12" reefer out your window.
6 years with my Talon and 5 years before that in my Cherokee, not once was I pulled over for tinted front windows.

·
Fast Pack Slow Guy
4,722 Posts
kuldip said:
6 years with my Talon and 5 years before that in my Cherokee, not once was I pulled over for tinted front windows.
Really? Lucky.

I'd get popped about twice a year in my RSX and then in my G35. Then again, I live in downtown Van, so lots of popo.

·
Funbuster
153 Posts
kuldip said:
I pull over people with tinted front windows regularily.
It's a great "ice breaker".
9 times out of 10 I'll find far worst after checking the rest of the car and driver's licence/ insurance.:evil
Additionally, it really is a safety issue.
Think about driving down the street on your bike and you see a car waiting to pull out. Isn't it nice to be able to see if the driver is looking in your direction?

·
Member of BCSBTUA
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Does WILDFX has a shop somewhere? Or he just does it on the side? Did you get good price on it?

·
contradiction incarnate
2,748 Posts
justice said:
...Additionally, it really is a safety issue.
Think about driving down the street on your bike and you see a car waiting to pull out. Isn't it nice to be able to see if the driver is looking in your direction?
false sense of security.
a driver can look square at you and still not see you.
never fall into the trap of trusting they see you.

·
Boomdeyada!
290 Posts
i have lightly tinted side windows and ive been asked to pull them off before and i just re tint them no biggie.

·
Registered Abuser
2,051 Posts
justice said:
I pull over people with tinted front windows regularily.
It's a great "ice breaker".
9 times out of 10 I'll find far worst after checking the rest of the car and driver's licence/ insurance.:evil
Additionally, it really is a safety issue.
It's not a safety issue at all. It's a security issue for cops. Criminals can hide behind tinted windows, get away drivers can not be seen. Average Joe with 30 % tinting pays for this. Not a bash, just telling it like it is. Looking into peoples eyes does not make you safer on the road. If that were the case sun glasses would be banned, or those real popular visors you see now days.

Oh and this
justice said:
I highly doubt those numbers.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Got my tint with 4 of my buddies at street legal but its the one in Vancouver somewhere in Marine drive. Look for Nixon, really great guy to deal with. Gave us a very good deal. If your interested give him a call @ 604 6136483

·
Slideways
2,937 Posts
StarreyEyed said:
WILDFX just did a wicked tint job on my car today. I would definitely recommend him to anyone.

Thanks Kevin!
:rockon thanks for the TIMMY'S :coffee
I want to say thanks to all the people here on BCSB who support my biz ..

·
Slideways
2,937 Posts
AJ007 said:
Try Ideal in richmond on westminster hwy and no. 6 rd they are one of the best
I am the best !!! :laughing
And I have gone 18 months with out one car coming back :rockon

1 - 18 of 18 Posts