BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
What? I can't hear you...
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TSAWWASSEN! It's the vintage bike show today and after spending the morning there, I must say, it's worth checking out. The swap meet really sucked to be honest, but I did pick up a never-used Shoei RF800 for 50 bucks. Otherwise it's all V-twin stuff, but the parking lot is great. A lot of Speed Triples, Bonnevilles, and a guy showed up on a new Scrambler that really has me reconsidering what my next bike purchase should be. If Triumphs aren't your thing, there's plenty of Nortons, BSAs, Harleys (no duh), Hondas and Yamahas. The highlight for me personally was A) not seeing any other old enduros, so the Yamaha's definitely being entered next year, and B) seeing an old, two-stroke, RZ350 in mint shape pull in and throw some revs. GO! NOW! CHECK IT OUT! Parking for bikes is plentiful, and there are tons of sport bikes down there too.

·
Registered
841 Posts
That explains all the bikes on hwy 17 today and all the cruisers at the Sundance Pub in Ladner.

·
Addicted to speed
237 Posts
It also explains the mob of crusiers (25+) I rode by on the pat bay highway (schwartz bay) they must have ferried over for it.

·
Registered
281 Posts
swap meet did suck ass, six bones to get in to the place, very disapointed. beautiful bikes in the parking lot though, new beamer with two nos tanks strapped to gas tank:laughing

·
V Lister
4,277 Posts
i went with some guys and just looked at the bikes outside. majority of it was ''harleys''. i guess its manly to rev the snot outta yer bike, to let the others know you have arrived:rolleyes . but there were some really nice jap bikes along with euros. we also saw that new yamaha power cruiser m108 , i think its called. i would buy that over any american twin anyday.

·
What? I can't hear you...
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, earlier on in the day some guy came in with the new Kawasaki ZX-14. It was somewhat surprising' it's still a helluvalot of bike, but it looks like less bike than a Hayabusa... I found that surprising. And yeah I know what you meanI happen to live near a pretty popular corner, and normally it's alright, just the occassional maniac in a Mustang, but yesterday it was continuous v-twinnage. Kinda sucked.

·
On a soapbox
3,008 Posts
I don’t think $6 was at all unreasonable. I picked up quite a few things I needed anyway and saved myself at least $100 (batteries, gloves etc.). Admittedly there have been better years for swap meet content, but it’s a random type thing.
There was plenty of fabulous stuff to see out in the car park, and what about the hand made 500cc AJS V4 in the show - outstanding.
I would say there was a pretty even split in the car park between tractors and real bikes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts