BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there! Looking to get a newer used bike however not sure which one I should buy.

I'm a NEW rider. Actually still in a course as we speak, will be completed in 1 week.

The 4 bikes which I'm thinking about are:
R6, CBR RR, GSXR 600 or 750 anything from 99-04

What bike would you guys recommend? Not planning to do anything crazy with this bike. I will be riding for about 6 months of the year and I would like to double someone by spring time.

Looking to get something that is a bit more comfortable. I heard that the newer CBR's are not too comfortable and that the person riding "b*tch" is sitting up a bit higher than the other bikes.

Please let me know of your thoughts, any at all!

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
Looking to get something that is a bit more comfortable. I heard that the newer CBR's are not too comfortable and that the person riding "b*tch" is sitting up a bit higher than the other bikes.
CBR600 RR's are less comfy than CBRF4i's, the seat height isnt the issue as much as the padding and more aggresive riding position.

An Suzuki SV650 is something to seriously consider for a first bike, excellent low end power and nothing too crazy on the top end. More comfort than any of the other bikes listed.

Otherwise i'd go for the f4i

G

·
do a search on first bike, beginner bike, or what bike should a noob buy.

after that, go look at an R1.

oh wait, you want advice before you buy. don't look at an R1.

G

·
fuck all those, put on your sandals and your t shirt and shorts, walk into the dealership with your $3000.00 race replica helmet and buy a brand new gsxr1000. It's the ultimate bike :eek:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the response guys!

My quest still continues but I think I'm leaning more towards a GSXR. All materialistic reasons. =)

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Ride each one.
Buy the one that fits you best.

(not so seriously now, would you ask someone else what underwear you should have on right now? Boxer? Briefs? Boxer Briefs?.....Motorcycles are the same way, ride the ones you think you might like, buy the one that fits you best. Ignore anyone who tells you which bike to choose. Ignore this advice too, 'cause I don't know anything about comfort)

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
if i had to start over ... i would get something newer and rebuildable and fix it up, put a cage on it, also make it ratty ugly/mean so nobody will wanna steal it, and so I could do stupid shit on it without fear of dropping it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts