BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I've owned them both and have formed some strengths and weaknesses for each.

It all boils down to what sort of riding you like to do because each bike is so different from the other. It's really like night and day, the difference between the two bikes.

The Honda is sharp and agile with good brakes and a little more agressive riding position.

The Kawi is softer, comfier and has a smoother power delivery down low. If you get the '93 or newer, the ram air kicks ass on the highway.

If you're into long distances and communting for long periods through the city, the Kawasaki is going to be more comfortable. If you're more into aggressive cornering and more spirited quick bursts of riding then go for the Honda. Both bikes are sort of multipurposed bikes, but each has slightly different strenghts.

Any more specific questions?

·
Premium Member
7,666 Posts
Yeah, what he said...

Although I found the Honda's seating position to be a little less aggressive than the Kawasaki. You have more leg room on the Honda, the pegs are higher and further back on the Kawasaki.

·
I'm back
1,947 Posts
You might want to consider looking at the Yamaha FZR 600 as well.

·
Premium Member
7,666 Posts
Quasi said:
You might want to consider looking at the Yamaha FZR 600 as well.
Yeah, the FZRs are generally less pricey, they look pretty cool (gotta love those two big round headlamps), but they are also a little more racey, ergonomically speaking. At least that's what I've heard, never actually ridden one though.

·
Just Another Enthusiast
2,051 Posts
But later on you will LOVE the handling of the FZR, and if you decide to get a bigger bike you can keep the FZR for a track toy. :)

·
California dreamin'
2,440 Posts
But what would be better as strictly a track toy, the FZR or the F2?

(The reason I'm asking is that I might be looking for a track bike in the fall and I figure it's never too early to do some research. Maybe I should start a separate thread for this. Hmmm.)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts