Which gas station do you go to mostly?

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which gas station do you guys visit?
Which is best for bikes?
Is 10% ethanol blended fuel good for most bikes nowadays?

·
Registered
18,876 Posts
I put 87 octane from the gas station nearest me when I'm running low.

·
awful human
3,139 Posts
When possible Chevron 92. My bike calls for minimum 91. I have never had problems of any kind and don't know anyone who has.

later,

Dave R.

·
joeninja67
291 Posts
Chevron or Esso depending where I am and what my tank level is. In a pinch I'll go to the Shell by my apartment, but I don't like that company.

·
Laguna 2010
631 Posts
Chevron or Esso depending where I am and what my tank level is. In a pinch I'll go to the Shell by my apartment, but I don't like that company.
Wow, same for me. Esso is just closer than Chevron so I go there. Haha, I am the same way about Shell.

·
To torque or not?
886 Posts
I like Chevron 92, my bike also calls for 91 octane and i have a Chevron charge card which makes paying at the pump a little easier. I have tried the Husky/Mohawk ethanol blend a few times and it surges/sputters at steady throttle while running at highway speeds. I have tried the others and they don't seem to make much difference from the Chevron.

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
I put 87 octane from the gas station nearest me when I'm running low.
What he said. If you actually get out and RIDE your bikes, the brand of gas becomes much less important than "oh fuck, I'm on reserve, and I don't know where the fuck the next station is. Hope its up in Bumblefuck, cause I'll never make it to Nowhereville". And when you arrive in Bumblefuck, you're happy to see the Fas Gas with the rusty tanks, and the 1960s pumps.

·
Smile. :)
1,145 Posts
Chevron or Esso since I live fairly close to both. But I go to the 41st and Granville Esso mostly cause I know of the guys that work there and they know how much I fill my tank on the spot so all I do is walk in, hand them the cash, maybe chat for a bit then the rest is history.

·
Registered
195 Posts
since I prefer the parent company, Chevron is and always been my fuel of choice and if I need to a shell will come into play. If I had the choice I'd be using BP just because :)

·
Registered
187 Posts
Always, always Chevron. For my cage, for my bike. The line will go right down to E, but I will drive/ride until I find a chevron.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Chevron 94. The only way to fly... unless your'e in the states, then it's only 91... Anyone know why the highest octane I can find in the US is 92?

·
Not wearing pants.
3,387 Posts
My bike runs on stupidity and ignorance. I fill it by attaching a USB cable to the gas tank, logging on to BCSB and opening threads like this, where people think a different 'brand' of gas works better in their bike, and a 94 octane fuel is somehow better. Fills it right up. Keep 'em coming, boys.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Shell, but only because I get the most airmiles there and I have one of those quick pay things on my key for fast stops. I think the only other company that offers that option is Esso (and I like their quick pass better)

·
Thank You Vets
2,645 Posts
Shell, but only because I get the most airmiles there and I have one of those quick pay things on my key for fast stops. I think the only other company that offers that option is Esso (and I like their quick pass better)
The value of a QuickPass key fob on a bike is highly under-rated , takes me longer to get my card out and beep-boop the machine ,than it does to actually fill up ........

·
Noob-but-not-born-ystrday
880 Posts
Mine manual says 91 octane, but I found anything less than 94 produces excessive decel popping.
Though performance wise there is probably no difference between 91 and 94, I suppose it's harder to trigger the burn in the tailpipe the higher the octane.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts