• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 266 Posts

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you that acutally own full leathers (1pc suit or 2pc), what brand do you own? Are you happy with 'em?

·
Devil's Advocate
1,765 Posts
none yet but..

buying HJC this week or next

·
Registered
634 Posts
I'll be getting a 2pc teknic this week, what are you looking into?

-arai-

·
Resident Banana
2,694 Posts
WellI did it. I know that i told you guys that it was just too much money.....I broke down and order the Vanson gear from BK. Full GP armor as well:D . i can't wait till it gets here.

atom

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
I can't afford full leathers yet :( i'm just looking for a good pair of riding pants for this summer. I have a Tecknic Silverstone jacket though....

·
Registered
634 Posts
hey canadian gixxer, do you like your jacket? Thats the 2pc that I'm getting, the silverstone

-arai-

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
yup, I like it. Fits me good. I paid $199 US for the thing brand new :)

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Where's the HJC?

Got me my HJC racing leathers and a lot of bitsa's

·
resident monkey boy
806 Posts
1pc Spyke T-Sheild (white/blue/black), great feeling suit it fits me nicely....the lining is fully detachable so you can wash it and its very soft to the touch

can't wait to wear down the knee sliders:D

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thr1 said:
1pc Spyke T-Sheild (white/blue/black), great feeling suit it fits me nicely....the lining is fully detachable so you can wash it and its very soft to the touch
I'm so tempted to buy these as well, but I think I'd get the silver, just to make sure we don't ENTIRELY match. :D

I tried on a 58 and a 60 and found that the 58 was a little tighter than the 60 was. The 60 though was a little loose in the arms and I'm afraid (as was the sales guy) that they might not protect as well. So I'm thinking buy a little smaller and 'make it fit'. Has it stretched much for you? How much did you pay? Where'd you get it?

·
resident monkey boy
806 Posts
absolutdm said:

I'm so tempted to buy these as well, but I think I'd get the silver, just to make sure we don't ENTIRELY match. :D

I tried on a 58 and a 60 and found that the 58 was a little tighter than the 60 was. The 60 though was a little loose in the arms and I'm afraid (as was the sales guy) that they might not protect as well. So I'm thinking buy a little smaller and 'make it fit'. Has it stretched much for you? How much did you pay? Where'd you get it?
picked it up during the offseason so i haven't used it on a ride yet, but i do wear it at least a 1/2 hour every day(i'm such a dork:D) just to break it in and it hasn't really stretched, it fits snug but i can get a sweatshirt under if i have to... i got a 60 myself cause i'm not exactly small(5'10", 205lbs) and i don't think it will stretch much at all, got it from RMS and picked it up for about 1800 OTD(i don't trust using my credit cards online)

i think it would be better to buy smaller and alter it to the perfect fit cause you don't want the armour to move from where its supposed to protect

P.S. - the speed hump is so cool:D

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You got it for $1800 with taxes? If so, I'm going to see if they'll swing the same deal for me... retail there is $2199+14.5%! :eek

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
absolutdm said:
You got it for $1800 with taxes? If so, I'm going to see if they'll swing the same deal for me... retail there is $2199+14.5%! :eek
sheesh, I could buy myself a old race bike with that kind of coin :eek

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Got me the cheapo HRC Leathers. Two reasons: Price ($500 incl. tax) and it was the only suit I could find that was long enough in the legs in my size.
Am I happy with it? I would prefer to be riding in a Dainesse or Spidi, but at the price it's great. Plus I don't worry too much about it and just clean it with a hose. It's pretty good quality too, no stitching coming apart yet and still fits like new, not baggy.

1 - 20 of 266 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.