BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I"m looking for a new helmet to match my new bike. I really don't need it but my birthday is coming up this year so I figure, what the hell.
My bike: Yellow 2002 ZX6R (stock paint)
My suit: Blue/White/Black 2 piece Teknic Silverstone
I want a hemet to tie the two together

Helmet options:
The Shoei Z-Two Slash TC-3 (yellow and blue)
http://shoei-helmets.com/2002/
Or The Shoei RF-900 TC-2 (Blue) Duhammel-3 Replica?

(How do i post an exact link to the pics on the Shoe.com site? or post pics from my comp? )

·
Resident Banana
2,694 Posts
Hey Blue.....don't pick it cuz it makes things work. Pick it because it fits. Try them on and make sure they fit properly before you buy it. The feel may not be worth it. My head fits Arai but not Shoei.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've currently got a Shoei helmet already, so I'm assuming that other shoei's will fit the same.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Atom has a good point, make sure it fits, go to a reputable dealer (BK by the sounds of things) and have one of there guys make sure it fits you right first.

www.helmetharbor.com is a great source for cheap helmets (I got mine there for about 1/2 the cost RMS was selling it for).

You can't link images from that page because it's in Flash. You'd have to do a screen grab, and then edit the picture and post it the regular way.. lotta work. ;)

And the blue/yellow looks sweet.

Plus (what I didn't realize when I bought my Arai) you can get Iridium visors for Shoei's... Arai doesn't have 'em.

·
resident monkey boy
806 Posts
Bluestone said:
I've currently got a Shoei helmet already, so I'm assuming that other shoei's will fit the same.
not all helmets fit the same even if made by the same mfg.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's pretty sweet, i'm assuming that is a custom paint job?

And absolutdm, how can i get around customs if i order from helmetharbour?? WHat extra fees did you have to pay when you ordered from them, or did you pick it up from the states?

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
I had it delivered to an address in Blaine, WA.. and just brought it up myself. You only pay taxes on the helmet (no duty), so I got dinged about $80 coming back, but it was still a steal.

Just don't ship it by some courier, because then they'll charge you a brokerage fee.. and that sucks. If they ship it regular mail it'll be cheap if you don't know anyone down in WA.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
All Shoei's are excellent quality and a premium lid. Pick your graphics, and your price point, and you'll still have the best helmet for the money. Except of course for Arai.:D :D

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
bl1tz said:

monza red ARAI's right?:D :D :D

we don't get the good graphics in NA, those are only available overseas...
That pisses me off too. Why are we allowed to buy the race rep lids like Nakano and Haga, but they won't let us have the funky shit they can get in Europe and Japan? RMS had a lid at the show with some anime graphics from Japan, it looked awesome. Only $499 too, I don't know if it's still at the store. As I recall it was an XL Quantum F.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I know this wasn't in your list, but I regret not getting this helmet. I think it would be sweet with just about any colour bike. The X-Tec Kato 2. It's deadly and has just about every colour in it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts