BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Road conditions to whistler from Vancovuer ? is there snow ?

·
100%GOON
1,908 Posts
what Bill said...I hear -15 thats funking chilly

·
Sultan of Low-Side
90 Posts
just got back from whistler this afternoon.

roads are clear, no snow,no ice, just f*ckin cold, watch out for the sand and dust though!

It was close to -8 last night and it was -9 this morning

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
gixxerjg said:
just got back from whistler this afternoon.

roads are clear, no snow,no ice, just f*ckin cold, watch out for the sand and dust though!

It was close to -8 last night and it was -9 this morning
I dont leave the house in any weather below -2. :surrender

Ryan

·
Poser Emeritus
2,731 Posts
Human said:
Road conditions to whistler from Vancovuer ? is there snow ?
Ok, let's have a reality check here and maybe you will reconsider you riding plans.

1.The weather is supposed to be sunny and clear. That will increase your chances for black ice and night frost staying on the road.

2.Sunny and clear means more than normal skier traffic both ways.

3.It is Washington's Birthday, third Monday in February so you will get more US traffic than normal. People who do not know the road.

4. I am guessing that there will be heavy police activity on the highway following last week's accident.

5. With all the car traffic the probability of an accident is higher than normal. If you get stuck sitting on you bike for 3-7 hours in the cold and dark expect to be mildly hypotheric and be riding cold ( slow reaction times) in likely dangerous road conditions

6. I have never understood the desire to ride to Whistler in the winter. Having ridden in snow a few times I rank snow riding as a fairly unpleasant activity why risk the drop?

7. It is still February.

Maybe reconsidering your plans and go for a warmer ride with more than one way home might be the safer bet at this time of year

·
Registered
416 Posts
It is do-able but it will be a long cold ride on a slippery congested road. I doubt you will enjoy the ride, especially with the higher risk of dumping the bike, and possibly getting hypothermic which opens a whole new can of worms.

I would look at the sunshine coast, gulf islands, or Washington instead :coffee

·
Time to Ride...
109 Posts
I was already having a hard time riding at night in October, it was so cold then... I don't know how you guys can ride up to Whistler in these cold temperatures, but if you do, be safe, n wear a couple layers of heated vests haha.

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
It would be quite the adventure though...I've done it before in Feb, but it was soo fucking cold I tore my electric vest coz my nipples got so hard...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts