·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wishing for someone in town to do my 5.0L quote me a price
Would like orange or blue...

Thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
do it your self....get a couple of cans of gunk engine cleaner....pressure wash it...then go to lordco and buy VHT engine enamel paint in the color of your choice....done many engines....works great...the only benifit of a pro finish is they may use a 2 part epoxy paint that without a booth would make you very sick...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^^^ +1
done many 5.0's this way.
Gunk* degreaser, pressure washer, spray can.
A.K.A. 'Rattle can rebuild' :rockon

·
Will wheelie 4 boobs!
950 Posts
speaking of painting. I want to paint vairous aluminum parts (brake and clutch leavers) but I'm not sure of the steps to do. Do I have to sand the protective layer off of them b4 I paint? and what kind of paint, and what's the best way?....... and go:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
speaking of painting. I want to paint vairous aluminum parts (brake and clutch leavers) but I'm not sure of the steps to do. Do I have to sand the protective layer off of them b4 I paint? and what kind of paint, and what's the best way?....... and go:
bead blast,or sand with 180 then shoot some primer ,sand the prime with a 320-400
then paint with endura ,www.pacificendura.com,,read the benifits of ti ,youl understand why youd use it
remember to tape off any areas that have moving parts,seals or bearings ,best is to put fasteners in areas with threads.

grab a cheap $40 gun from KMS and shoot away ,if your carefull and in a dust free area it should turn out great .

spray paint can work as too ,just not durable at all

·
Registered
155 Posts
painting an engine can reduce heat dissapatition, not allowing the motor to cool as fast as it could without paint, not saying this will effect your performance, just something to think about?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
painting an engine can reduce heat dissapatition, not allowing the motor to cool as fast as it could without paint, not saying this will effect your performance, just something to think about?
agreed the heat will rise a bit
especially on aluminum cast blocks .make sure yur cooling system is upgraded ,maybe a couple electric fans and a good shroud

1 - 8 of 8 Posts